No announcement yet.

GUNS GUNS GERNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is it a threadjack to discuss guns in a thread on guns?

Lalala, you can't hear me. I get it.

I bet I'm more liked here than you are, as an aside. And I don't even try to be liked, like you so clearly do.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This thread is about the privately owned firearms of polytubbies, not gun control. The gun control thread has been done to death. Post pictures of your guns or go away. Or talk about guns, not w.r.t. gun control or gun laws.

Comment

I think I'd be banned if I posted pictures of my gun. It's more impressive than any of those compensation devices you lot have posted here...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Then get out of the thread.

Back on topic, I am currently deciding whether to get one of these:

Or one of these:

Or possibly neither, if I can't get a good price on one of them. Basically I'd like a rifle that can actually shoot accurately out to a decent distance.

I'd be putting a scope on it. Any recommendations for brands?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            Zero?

Well why not?!
            I don't want to be accused of distributing gun pron by Asher.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Then get out of the thread.

Back on topic, I am currently deciding whether to get one of these:

Or possibly neither, if I can't get a good price on one of them. Basically I'd like a rifle that can actually shoot accurately out to a decent distance.

I'd be putting a scope on it. Any recommendations for brands?
              If you're happy with a .223, the Mini 14 would be the most fun, and plenty accurate.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                I was thinking this would be a thread on the ridiculous number of mass shootings in the US this week.
                Do you have a thread every time a Canadian is polite?
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  If you're happy with a .223, the Mini 14 would be the most fun, and plenty accurate.
                  I don't know. I might want to hunt with this rifle later in which case the lefty Remington 700 in .243 would be better. Also, I don't like the charging handle on the Ruger semi autos. With a scope on it's not possible to use left-handed. That and it's of course more expensive, and more maintenance-intensive due to having a gas system.

On the other hand, I don't have to get a mini-14 special ordered by an FFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    Do you have a thread every time a Canadian is polite?
                    What's great is that in Canadaland you can buy gerns and have them dropped off at your doorstop

I know a Corporal in the CF that has quite the arsenal. It's rough looking at Canadian gun sites and seeing stuff like NORINCO M-14s for 1/2 the price of a M1A.

Anyway, accessory week in the Lonestar household:

Accessorize ALL THE THINGS

DSC_1563 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

Eotech 512 for the AR-15

Tech Sights + GI Sling for the Marlin 795

Ncstar tactical light for the XD-9
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I don't know. I might want to hunt with this rifle later in which case the lefty Remington 700 in .243 would be better. Also, I don't like the charging handle on the Ruger semi autos. With a scope on it's not possible to use left-handed. That and it's of course more expensive, and more maintenance-intensive due to having a gas system.

On the other hand, I don't have to get a mini-14 special ordered by an FFL.
                      If you want to hunt later, get Mini-30. It'll meet the larger caliber requirement most states have for hunting.

As a range toy/Homestead defense the Mini-14 is fine.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

You guys must have small dicks.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Or they like shooting guns. It's actually pretty fun.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I never saw the point of gun lights. The last place you want a flashlight-like device is in a direct line with the target and your head.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                              If you want to hunt later, get Mini-30. It'll meet the larger caliber requirement most states have for hunting.

As a range toy/Homestead defense the Mini-14 is fine.
                              But but the left handed bolt...

If I wanted a home defense gun I'd just slap an 18" barrel on my shotgun. Actually I should probably buy one of those; firing slugs out of the 24" doesn't make much sense. I'm in a 600 sq ft apartment with a kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedroom. A shotgun would do fine.

I don't want something as large as a .30 cal just yet. For some reason I really like the idea of the rem 700 but the mini-14 not having to be special ordered is a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                I never saw the point of gun lights. The last place you want a flashlight-like device is in a direct line with the target and your head.
                                If it's a high-lumen light(which this is) and it's dark turning the thing on and pointing it into the eyes of someone will probably blind the perp temporarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X