No announcement yet.

God unleashes his anger on giant cowboy statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why all the hate? I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Texas (what does this have to do with it anyway), and I had never heard of this statue until now, but I had a quick look and it seems it looked pretty cool and I think it's always a bit sad when we "lose" old things like this, even if they rebuild it...

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme View Post
      Why all the hate? .
      For INTERNET POINTS obviously.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        No! If it's big irritating and unnecessary it must be a government project.
        The Texas State Fair has been a private non-profit corporation for over a century. Before that, it was funded by the city of Dallas.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

And Big Tex was Santa Claus in the little city of Kerens, Texas before the fair bought it.

In 1951, State Fair president R. L. Thornton purchased Santa's components for $750 and had artist Jack Bridges transform them into a cowboy, giving birth to big "Tex".

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Did anyone cry for Big Santa?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

He was used as Santa for 2 years, so it wasn't really the same.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
              X