No announcement yet.

I keep buying the new civ titles and not playing them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone wants all of the games, go on-line and see if you can still buy SM Civilization Chronicles. It has "Civilization", Civilization II, Civ II Fantastic worlds, Civilization II Conflicts in Civilization Scenarios, Civilization II Test of time, Civilization III Complete, and Civilization IV. It does not have Warlord or Beyond the Sword. Also you will get a booklet showing some of the art in the early civ games. Also all 4 charts that were issue in the games and the Civ Board Game. However you can still buy Civ IV the complete Edition and it has all 3 games and Colonization on one disk. I have every version of Civ that has been produced. I can play Chronicles on my 1.6 XP Machine. I play Civ IV & V on my Quad 4 Windows 7 machine.

Joseph

Comment

I still keep a Compaq with Civ2 and a couple of other games on it. Currently playing a TOT on it...

And have a Civilization for SNES, but no longer have a SNES
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

1UPT is probably the worst part of civ5 because the AI doesn't know what the **** it's doing thanks to that. Hexes are fine.

They could get the gameplay effect they're looking for with a unit stacking penalty like in Hearts of Iron.

Comment

the 1UPT and obvious AI idiocy related to that IS the reason I have not and will not get Civ 5.

Makes me sick a game title i followed so long went down like this.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I played some Civ5 last weekend for the first time in months and it still sucks. The game is just an abortion.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              1UPT is probably the worst part of civ5 because the AI doesn't know what the **** it's doing thanks to that. Hexes are fine.
              I agree with that completely. Hexes are fine but the AI can't handle 1UPT so why bother with it?

Comment

Normal stacked combat is hard for AI, 1UPT will still be hopeless in a Civ type game 20 years from now. It's one of those concepts which when on paper look great, but in reality impossible to implement as tech is just not there yet.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

any new versions have mountain cities?
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I haven't seen those since Civ2 or maybe CTP2.

Comment

Working...
                    X