No announcement yet.

Question about peoples odd behavior.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait I'm sorry. Us Whites need to stick together if we're going to survive the Reds, the Yellows, the Browns, the Blacks, and the Glowing Ones.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I have no problem with people backing into spaces, except that most everyone who does it seems to be awful at it. It takes them several tries and they they're always crooked and they tend to hit other cars. If you're incompetent at it, why do it? The way I look at it is this: no matter what (unless you can pull through), parking is going to involve going in reverse. Would you rather reverse into a narrow lane with cars to the side of you, or into a presumably larger parking lot with room to spare? Obviously, individual parking situations will alter this generality.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I have no problem with people backing into spaces, except that most everyone who does it seems to be awful at it. It takes them several tries and they they're always crooked and they tend to hit other cars. If you're incompetent at it, why do it? The way I look at it is this: no matter what (unless you can pull through), parking is going to involve going in reverse. Would you rather reverse into a narrow lane with cars to the side of you, or into a presumably larger parking lot with room to spare? Obviously, individual parking situations will alter this generality.
        See, that just shows you live in a country where people are generally good drivers.

My thinking would go: 'Would you rather reverse into a space wide enough for your car plus some leeway on both sides, or into a (slightly) larger parking lot where people are going around trying to get a spot as close to the entrance as possible, as fast as possible, probably while texting/talking on their phones?

Also, you have a much better range of vision, both going in and going out, if you park back-first than if you park head first.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It probably started as a gangster thing so they can make a quick get away. All it takes is for one or two songs to glorify it and then suddenly even the suburban kids are doing it because they think it is cool.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I always park backing in. It is simly a superior form of parking.
            Mostly women park front first here (because they are not skilled enough do it the right way)
            I have no idea how differently coloured people park around here. I'd guess the same way.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              This!

Clearly the optimum is a pull through.

Also that narrow parking area is more likely to be populated by people (specifically children) walking between the cars and I'd rather hit a car being driven by a careless person, than an actual careless person.

You space reversers should actually time yourselves - I bet it takes you longer overall - it certainly takes you longer getting into the shops!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                It probably started as a gangster thing so they can make a quick get away. All it takes is for one or two songs to glorify it and then suddenly even the suburban kids are doing it because they think it is cool.

No, it's probably a racist lie.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  This!

Clearly the optimum is a pull through.

Also that narrow parking area is more likely to be populated by people (specifically children) walking between the cars and I'd rather hit a car being driven by a careless person, than an actual careless person.

You space reversers should actually time yourselves - I bet it takes you longer overall - it certainly takes you longer getting into the shops!
                  Hm? Since kids have a difficult time walking through cars, the only time they'd be in your spot is if their car was adjacent to it.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

In north america we also suffer from the problem of people insisting on driving big ass vehicles even though few have the driving skills for them.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      Hm? Since kids have a difficult time walking through cars, the only time they'd be in your spot is if their car was adjacent to it.
                      Which happens a **** of a lot from my experience - people walking through (not through them - you know what I mean!) the parked cars to get to theirs because it's generally safer than along where the cars are driving. Kids are small, they run a lot. I'd rather be going forwards into that possible scenario than backing into it - not to mention that it's more defensible if you do have an accident...

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        In north america we also suffer from the problem of people insisting on driving big ass vehicles even though few have the driving skills for them.
                        Not to mention that driving automatics isn't even proper driving in my book!

I drove one the other week - truly awful compared to a manual!

Comment

**** man. They can't handle the size and now you expect them to actually drive as well?!

Be serious.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            Not to mention that driving automatics isn't even proper driving in my book!

I drove one the other week - truly awful compared to a manual!
                            **** you I injured my leg the other day and thank god I didn't have to push a clutch, god bless automatics

I don't need my car to perform well, I just need my car to drive in snow. Which it does. Automatics

Comment

Manual transmissions are better in snow.

Comment

When you actually know how to drive them.

I have AWD. Crossover SUV. It works just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X