No announcement yet.

Vacancy at Guantanamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These guys got the worst of both and none of the advantages.

Comment

• x post - responding to reg.

i would suggest you read up a little about the legal arguments around guantanamo bay. there's a wealth of material out there, google is your friend etc.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        There's a long and deep discussion there about who started what, but it wasn't the Taliban who flew planes into your buildings. I supported the invasion because the Taliban sheltered Al Queda and that **** could not be allowed to stand, but that does not give the US a free pass to ignore international law and start acting like psychos. Do you not understand WHY we started getting so freaked out about America when you started snatching people up, flying them off to secret prisons and torturing them? Seriously man, states torturing suspects? That's the kind of thing the west was supposed to stand against at all costs! That's nazis, soviets, dictatorships, everything we're supposed to hate! The stuff our grandparents fought a world war against!
        You just keep on with the strawman. Stick to the issue of whether or not they were justified in shooting at us. That's the thing I'm arguing against. You keep saying it was ok for them to shoot at us, that we started it. No we didn't. We were attacked by terrorists, not another state, and we were in combat against terrorists. It's a different kind of war, and the combatants are different.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

These guys got the worst of both and none of the advantages.
          You don't get an advantage if you are a terrorist.

Comment

• You're saying that the Taliban are all terrorists now?

Comment

You're saying that the Taliban are all terrorists now?
              :facepalm: The Taliban can eat ****!

Comment

• The real tragedy here is that if we weren't so stupid about Cuba people would be paying big $ to spend time at Guantanamo and the surrounding region. At least this guy got a trial. When did our collective vacations to enjoy the Caribbean get a trial? :hmm:

(We could ship terrorists to Alaska instead and just let them "escape" during the winter.)

Comment

• You say "Canadian terrorists" like there's some separation of the two.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Hopefully Omar Khadr will sue the Canadian government for not bringing him back sooner. This topic has already been ruled on by the Supreme Court of Canada, so it should be a fairly easy win. He should denounce his confession (obtained under torcher) and sue the cowards in Ottawa.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                      Hopefully Omar Khadr will sue the Canadian government for not bringing him back sooner. This topic has already been ruled on by the Supreme Court of Canada...
                      Twice.

Also, if there were any justice the Liberal and Conservative parties would be forced to pay the settlements. Sadly the taxpayer will be stuck paying for it.
                      Last edited by Wezil; October 1, 2012, 08:59.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X