Vacancy at Guantanamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    Some of us would like to put a few more in there, starting with Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld ideally. Oh and Kissinger.
    Stevie Harper received an award from Kissinger 2 days ago... Specifically from the “Appeal of Conscience Foundation”.

Click image for larger version

Name:	harper-kissinger-rabbi.png
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	9093910

You'll surely be as happy as can be when a foreign government grabs some Americans, flies them to another country and tortures them for information before detaining them in camps without legal process for a decade?
    American mercenaries are whisked back to America if they murder civilians. Read Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army by Jeremy Scahill.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Some of us would like to put a few more in there, starting with Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld ideally. Oh and Kissinger.

You'll surely be as happy as can be when a foreign government grabs some Americans, flies them to another country and tortures them for information before detaining them in camps without legal process for a decade?
      Is it just me, or is that like, every Vietnam POW rescue movie ever?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        I'm not a tool like you. I don't agree with everything my country does.
        You don't think America has been breaching the Geneva Convention. That does make you a tool.

Comment

You don't think America has been breaching the Geneva Convention. That does make you a tool.
          Yeah, well I can't help noticing that when Bush does something you get your panties all twisted up for a decade, but if an American gets killed by a terrorist you want him to get off scot free.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You should stop reading Mother Jones.

Comment

Yeah, well I can't help noticing that when Bush does something you get your panties all twisted up for a decade
              People do tend to get a bit pissy when you cause hundreds of thousands of deaths, we're funny like that.

but if an American gets killed by a terrorist you want him to get off scot free.
              So let me just get this right, America was allowed to bomb and shoot at him, but if he shoots back he's a murderer right?

Comment

People do tend to get a bit pissy when you cause hundreds of thousands of deaths, we're funny like that.
                People get mad, but you've lost all ability to use reason, assuming you ever had that ability.

So let me just get this right, America was allowed to bomb and shoot at him, but if he shoots back he's a murderer right?
                As I understand it, that's not at all what happened. Why does that not suprise me?

Comment

People get mad, but you've lost all ability to use reason, assuming you ever had that ability.
                  Sure.

As I understand it, that's not at all what happened. Why does that not suprise me?
                  What do you understand? Anything?

Comment

I understand that he was charged with war crimes and pled guilty.

Comment

I understand that he was charged with war crimes and pled guilty.
                      He was locked away in a prison where torture took place without any legal protections and no prospect of ever being released, and then he pleaded guilty? Gosh, he must have been guilty then.

Comment

He was locked away in a prison where torture took place without any legal protections and no prospect of ever being released, and then he pleaded guilty? Gosh, he must have been guilty then.

He was in prison because he was a terrorist and he killed a US serviceman you fool.

Comment

He was in prison because he was a terrorist and he killed a US serviceman you fool.
                          Ah right so he has no presumption of innocence, the new American way is to lock up suspects until they plead guilty, right?

Comment

Ah right so he has no presumption of innocence, the new American way is to lock up suspects until they plead guilty, right?

He was caught red handed, admitted to his crime, and was found guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiki
                              The unconscious Khadr was airlifted to receive medical attention at Bagram, where interrogations began immediately after he gained consciousness approximately a week after his arrival, although he remained stretcher-bound for several weeks.[69] Col. Marjorie Mosier operated on his eyes after his arrival,[74] though fellow detainee Rhuhel Ahmed later stated that Khadr had been denied other forms of surgery to save his eyesight as punishment for not giving interrogators the answers they sought.[75] Later attempts to acquire darkened sunglasses to protect his failing eyesight were denied for "state security" reasons.[76]

According to a Motion to suppress ruling[77][78] by Guantanamo Military Judge Patrick Parrish, various interrogation techniques were used on Khadr at Bagram including:

The "Fear Up" technique. This technique is described by the judge as "a technique used as an attempt to raise the fear level of a detainee." In Khadr's case it included telling him that a detainee who "lied to interrogators" was raped in the showers by "big,black guys".
                              The "love of freedom" and "Pride/Ego Down" techniques which, according to Judge Parrish are "attempts to gather information through appealing to a person's desire to go home or implying that he was not really an important person.."
                              The "Fear of Incarceration" technique which the Judge said was "an attempt to gain cooperation in order to return to a normal life rather than be detained."
                              Hmm...

Comment

No he didn't. You fool. Original testimony was he was incapacitated when the medic was shot. Original testimony was the medic was probably killed by friendly fire. Testimony was changed to fit the case the US had to make against him. Fool.
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X