Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Canadians prefer huge houses squeezed together in the middle of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't.

Comment

• He still doesn't, judging from this thread.

Was anything actually funny? Jaguar had a couple things that provoked a smile, at least.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I was laughing all afternoon from Kuci's rendition of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
          He still doesn't, judging from this thread.

Was anything actually funny? Jaguar had a couple things that provoked a smile, at least.
          I'm glad.

Did you like when I called this a serious discussion?
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            I was laughing all afternoon from Kuci's rendition of you.
            If you thought that was an accurate rendition of me, I suppose it just serves as a reminder that you've not been here long enough.

I could not possibly make that many posts consecutively while being so boring. I also swear more and have better vocabulary, and am more quick to ad hominems.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

So the fact that I know intimate details because my dad specifically worked on the things we were talking about is equivalent to saying "because I've lived in Birmingham I understand economics better"?
              Oh, please tell us about how daddy taught you everything and how he's so smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                Oh, please tell us about how daddy taught you everything and how he's so smart.
                Daddy didn't teach me anything. (I like how the actuarial son of an actuary is saying that, by the way).

I have had conversations at length with my dad about the politics of energy developments and transportation. As that was directly relevant to the subject matter, it was worth bringing up. I'm sorry that it embarrassed you to be shown up in your own field.

Some people would have appreciated being exposed to some inside knowledge you may not've known before, but instead you threw a tantrum and apparently internalized your anger...it's still simmering today, it seems.

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm an expert, I have spoken to my dad! You can consult me now!

Arguing from authority is ridiculous enough when you aren't arguing from someone else's authority.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm an expert, I have spoken to my dad! You can consult me now!

Arguing from authority is ridiculous enough when you aren't arguing from someone else's authority.
                    Having inside knowledge isn't ridiculous.

You're an idiot if you discount people's connections and what they can provide for you. Kuci was dead wrong, and I approached it from all sides - historical examples, logic and reasoning, and personal experience of those I know. He didn't buy any of it, and he looked like a tool because of it. It was not an argument based on my personal connections. I provided my argument and cited my source. It was not a deference to authority.

I now see why you thought Kuci was channeling me - you have some of the same cognition issues he has.

Comment

• Oh, keep telling us about how your conversations at length with daddy have made you an expert.

Comment

• Man, I must be an expert on lots of things. And I never knew!

Comment

• Can you explain to me why personal conversations with somebody who spent 30 years doing exactly what we were discussing is not relevant?

Or are you still butthurt because it contradicted your cookie-cutter textbook academia theories?

Comment

I hope you don't actually believe that Kuci thinks his knowledge of economics comes from having lived in Birmingham, Alabama.
                            Particularly since my parents moved to Nashville from Birmingham when he was only 3.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• My mom's a lawyer, so apparently I'm an expert on law.

Comment

Can you explain to me why personal conversations with somebody who spent 30 years doing exactly what we were discussing is not relevant?

Or are you still butthurt because it contradicted your cookie-cutter textbook academia theories?
                                Oh, he spent 30 years as an irrelevant middle manager at an energy firm? I'm humbled.

Comment

Working...
                                X