No announcement yet.

This is the thread where I tell you that Galnemer's new novel releases tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the thread where I tell you that Galnemer's new novel releases tomorrow

If you know anyone who enjoys YA and/or horror, please be so kind as to contribute to the Guynemer-no-longer-has-to-take-mommy-call-fund.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

So should I read this stuff Guy? Are they the type of novels Wezil would like?

Oh, and congrats of course. A fine accomplishment for your wife and for you for landing such a gifted catch.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Probably not.

My mom loves them though, and I'll let her know.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

From the Amazon description, I can't tell if this will be awesome, like Witness, or ****ty, like The Village.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          So should I read this stuff Guy? Are they the type of novels Wezil would like?
          If you like coming of age stories, cults, dogs, defiance of authority, graphic violence and gore, or mysterious apocalyptic scenarios involving slavering hellbeasts, you may enjoy this novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            If you like coming of age stories, cults, dogs, defiance of authority, graphic violence and gore, or mysterious apocalyptic scenarios involving slavering hellbeasts, you may enjoy this novel.
            It hits a few hot buttons but overall...?

I presume "YA" means young adult? I have a younger sister (early 20's) that may be more interested. I'll send her the link.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm so pissed that some ***** on Amazon named April spoiled the plot twist for me.

Spoiler:
              It's vampires.

Comment

ehh... sorta. They're called that, but only because the people have no better word for it. It fits in some ways. Definitely not the more modern take on it; more like the I Am Legend, fast-zombie version.

Comment

I presume "YA" means young adult?
                  Yes. It wasn't originally YA, just horror, but it would apparently sell more to take out a sexytime scene and a few instances of the f-bomb and call it YA.

Now, the horrific violence and gore? That got to stay.

America!

Comment

ehh... sorta. They're called that, but only because the people have no better word for it. It fits in some ways. Definitely not the more modern take on it; more like the I Am Legend, fast-zombie version.
                    Their skin better sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight, dammit.

Comment

Yes. It wasn't originally YA, just horror, but it would apparently sell more to take out a sexytime scene and a few instances of the f-bomb and call it YA.

Now, the horrific violence and gore? That got to stay.

America!

I sent her the links to all 3 (there are 3 right?).

Hopefully something will get her attention.

Comment

Their skin better sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight, dammit.

Comment

DFT: What is your favorite part about writing this book?

Laura: Telling my husband: “Hey! I’ve decided to write an Amish dystopian book with vampires in it. Pretty cool, huh?”

And then watching complete bafflement come over his face. “You’re writing a what?”

That is the proper response, though.

Comment

I sent her the links to all 3 (there are 3 right?).

Hopefully something will get her attention.
                            Three under her maiden name, two more under a pen name (Alayna Williams).

The other two you found are a separate series (likely defunct, due to publisher issues); same story for the pen name series.

The maiden name series is also horror focused; the pen name Fringe-style scifi focused; neither would be classified as "YA" due to sexytimes.

Comment

Let me know when she drops some SF or epic fantasy.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X