Canadians Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians Win

New rule, in honour of the anniversary of 1812.

If a Canadian can work a reference to the White House into a normal conversation, the Canadian won. It's a sort of Godwin's law with more beaver.

Yes, some of us know that it was British regulars who overran parts of Virginia and Maryland, and burnt the Yank capital to the ground, but don't bother us with details!

Just start a nice fire, roast your marshmallows, and have a good time. I know I am. *Hic*

1812! *****es.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Also stop pretending that burning down the White House and Washington wasn't a tremendous service to our country. Do it again any time you like.

Comment

After the war was over.

That's like scoring a goal after the buzzer.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

More like a brawl between two players at the end of a hockey game

Comment

I bet you wish we had of won that one. It would have saved you oodles of grief and money down the road.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If you were really smart you would have offered up Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                New rule, in honour of the anniversary of 1812.

If a Canadian can work a reference to the White House into a normal conversation, the Canadian won. It's a sort of Godwin's law with more beaver.

Yes, some of us know that it was British regulars who overran parts of Virginia and Maryland, and burnt the Yank capital to the ground, but don't bother us with details!

Just start a nice fire, roast your marshmallows, and have a good time. I know I am. *Hic*

1812! *****es.
                Can Australians, New Zealanders and all other former members of the British Empire join in and take credit for this achievement?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  If you were really smart you would have offered up Texas.
                  Good idea, we could sell someone something we didn't have.

Comment

If your proudest moment was a bit of looting from two hundred years ago, done by someone else...eh, fine by me.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Can Australians, New Zealanders and all other former members of the British Empire join in and take credit for this achievement?

Only if they own shares in Tim Horton's.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        If your proudest moment was a bit of looting from two hundred years ago, done by someone else...eh, fine by me.

Who said anything about proudest moment?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

After the war was over.

That's like scoring a goal after the buzzer.
                          Sure, you burned our brand new capital, all that meant was that we had to use the old capital a little longer.

Meanwhile, we claimed the entire Mississippi, its access to territory, and its trade, in perpetuity.

Think about it. You could have controlled access to the river, like, forever.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                            Sure, you burned our brand new capital, all that meant was that we had to use the old capital a little longer.

Meanwhile, we claimed the entire Mississippi, its access to territory, and its trade, in perpetuity.

Think about it. You could have controlled access to the river, like, forever.
                            Why would anyone want the Mississippi?

Doesn't it perpetually flood and is surrounded by the worst specimens of humanity?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Minnesota?

Comment

Working...
                              X