No announcement yet.

Bill Clinton's Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said it was mistake to bring out Bill Clinton. I just find it funny that he needs to. Bill Clinton commands more respect because he's a better orator and a better president and just a better politician generally. Now find someone who isn't a Republican who would have admitted that in 2008.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      One, highly debateable
      Not really.

two, you're missing the point. Three, I seem to recall a while back that Obama was the reincarnation of Cicero but now apparently everyone not busy chowing down on his **** has figured out he's not as awesome an orator as we thought he was.
      No one cares.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I never said it was mistake to bring out Bill Clinton. I just find it funny that he needs to. Bill Clinton commands more respect because he's a better orator and a better president and just a better politician generally. Now find someone who isn't a Republican who would have admitted that in 2008.

I voted for Hillary for a reason.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm pretty sure this isn't what you mean, but that makes it sound like you voted for Hillary to get four more years of Bill.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
            In his speech he claims that he himself wouldn't be able to clean up the financial and economic mess we're in right now. I found that rather curious, considering The Clinton Administration in 1995 agreed to repeal the Glass-Steagal Act, of which we all know it more or less opened the box of pandora.

bleh. Hypocrisy.
            How do we know that?

Comment

One, highly debateable, two, you're missing the point. Three, I seem to recall a while back that Obama was the reincarnation of Cicero but now apparently everyone not busy chowing down on his **** has figured out he's not as awesome an orator as we thought he was.
              He gave a pretty good speech last night.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this isn't what you mean, but that makes it sound like you voted for Hillary to get four more years of Bill.
                I think people are idiots if they don't think Bill would have played a strong role in a Hillary administration as Hillary played in Bill's administration.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  He gave a pretty good speech last night.
                  He gave a damn good speech.

The DNC convention made the RNC convention look like a truck stop restroom.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

But the value of them is so low that it really doesn't matter much anymore.
                    Most dems didn't watch the repugs convention and most repugs didn't watch the dems, so they're kind of preaching to the choir and will have very little overall impact.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah... I miss the days when people would watch both conventions (or none of them rather than pick the one they agree with .

Comment

Now that they're scripted shows, there really is no reason to watch them. I remember the 1968 dem convention with all the drama. Things use to be decided at the conventions. The other party members watched both to see how they'd embarrass themselves. (which happened often)
                        There's so little infighting now, they're no fun anymore.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The value is huge. Most people in the middle will watch both. Then you have the news networks reporting nonstop on them. It's a huge opportunity for a candidate to state his case to the American people.

The RNC convention wasn't great before the DNC convention. It was filled with gaffs and speakers who barely acknowledged Romney. Plus, Romney never got any policy out, cementing him as a man with no ideas. The good stuff he did get was that it improved his likability a bit. That was in large part thanks to his wife.

Also, fifty shades of white is an accurate statement to describe the RNC convention. They even had a white guy holding up a "Hispanics for GOP" sign. :doh:

But what little gain Romney got was washed away with the DNC convention. Michelle's speech only pointed out how weak Ann's really was. Each speaker made Obama the center of their speeches. The difference in enthusiasm was palpable.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Now that they're scripted shows, there really is no reason to watch them.
                            Well, except for Clint Eastwood.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Nate Silver now has Obama as nearly a 4-to-1 favorite to win the election.

That said, two months is a helluva long time for Karl Rove to do something quintessentially Rovian.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                                Now that they're scripted shows, there really is no reason to watch them...
                                The oral 2/3 majority vote at the DNC to put the line about 'Jerusalem is the capital of Israel' back in the platform was worth watching. The moderator, after positing the question 3x and getting even responses simply declared it passed because it was in the script. Oops.
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X