Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most accurate American news source . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's on a Big Boy network now.

Time to evolve.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Talking of facts, I was a bit confused when Mac said that she was born when Maggie Thatcher was Prime Minister. She looks like she may be telling a few porkies about her age.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

In her heart, the Iron Lady has always been PM.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Talking of facts, I was a bit confused when Mac said that she was born when Maggie Thatcher was Prime Minister. She looks like she may be telling a few porkies about her age.
          The actress could just be playing someone 8 years younger than herself?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            is a fictional show.
            Cognitive dissonance at its best. On one thread you posit that anti-voter fraud policies are a conspiracy designed to suppress genuine voter turnout. As proof, you offer the fact that voter fraud "wasn't news" until after President Obama's election. Now you argue that the very same media you trust to report genuine news...can't be trusted to report genuine news.

The laughable thing about this news is that it really shows how difficult it is to find a real citizen who doesn't have voter ID. This woman already has voter ID. Crisis averted.

You don't live in the real world, because if you did, you'd know that other countries like my own, Australia, also have voter ID laws. Obtaining an ID, even for a woman in a nursing home is about as difficult as arranging a visit to the nursing home from a government agency for those who can't physically leave the home. Just as nursing home residents may be permitted to vote by way of mobile voter teams.

The plain reality is that the State should take every reasonable step to allow all of its citizens, including aged citizens who find it difficult to get about, access to ID. Which is exactly what happened:

After stories about Cooper and others across the state, election officials ramped up their public information campaign about the new law, even opening on Saturdays to issue free photo IDs and upgrades of nonphoto driver's licenses, which are available to those 60 and older.

Neither the local NAACP nor local political parties reported any major run-ins over the new photo ID requirement on Tuesday.

Shock! Horror!

A woman who was born before women's suffrage in 1920 and weathered the civil rights movement in the '50s and '60s cast her ballot Tuesday, just as she's been doing since the '40s.
            Last edited by Zevico; September 3, 2012, 10:51.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Unfortunately Americans won't do it that way.

They could, but they won't.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                The actress could just be playing someone 8 years younger than herself?
                Maybe, but there were other things that gave me that impression too. In the first episode she said something along the lines of "I've been exhausted since I was 30". Given that she would have been 30 as a maximum in the first episode (set in April 2010) it seemed a bit odd to say, or at least an odd way to say it. Then it was said she was an executive producer some four to five years previously when she dated the main character - she could be an executive producer at 25-26, but that seems a bit young.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Well yeah, but that's just because you're all a bunch of commies who hate America, just like Sorkin.
                  Communism is the future

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                  X