Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most accurate American news source . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most accurate American news source . . . .

is a fictional show.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

fifty-five views and zero posts - WTF

If I had HBO, I would probably love this show. Anyone here a fan?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It is pretty ****ed up, from an outside perspective.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I looked at the thread, just to see what kind of dorkass crap you were posting now.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            fifty-five views and zero posts - WTF

If I had HBO, I would probably love this show. Anyone here a fan?
            You probly wouldnt cus its pretty bad.

Comment

I am still watching it but it is certainly no West Wing.

Frequently just too preachy and the female characters all seem to be ditzy idiots. Also, because they use real events for the stories, they are a bit too clever which is easy with the gift of hindsight.

But if you are going to have someone write preachy political speeches for TV, Aaron Sorkin is your man.

The trailer mainly featured the first half of his rant about how America isn't the greatest country on the planet - but the second half of the speech when he describes how it used to be the greatest and what is lost, well that is probably the better half of that speech.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                I am still watching it but it is certainly no West Wing.

Frequently just too preachy and the female characters all seem to be ditzy idiots. Also, because they use real events for the stories, they are a bit too clever which is easy with the gift of hindsight.

But if you are going to have someone write preachy political speeches for TV, Aaron Sorkin is your man.

The trailer mainly featured the first half of his rant about how America isn't the greatest country on the planet - but the second half of the speech when he describes how it used to be the greatest and what is lost, well that is probably the better half of that speech.
                Yeah, this is more or less how I feel. Except I think the observation that the female characters are ditzy is pretty silly. Will is shown as being unable to put his pants on and someone who would accidentally eat pot brownies. Blogger guy believes in Bigfoot. Yadda yadda.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I think it's just more extreme and everpresent with the female characters.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm sick of the character love triangles all ready.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                      I think it's just more extreme and everpresent with the female characters.
                      Perhaps. But I think us liberals are sensitive to that sort of thing. Will is also presented as a patronizing *******, his boss as a manipulative drunk, and his former EP as a gigantic douche. Are those portrayals sexist?
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Please note:

I didn't say the show was sexist.

In a list of things I didn't like about the show was that all the female characters were ditzy idiots.

#factcheck
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, I was ranting there. I've seen others make claims similar to yours, but going much further and saying Aaron Sorkin was a misogynistic woman-hater and bla bla bla.

Comment

It will never be as good as Sports Night
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I recently re-watched the Sports Night pilot. It doesn't hold up terribly well. Did it get better after the pilot? I don't remember anymore, but I do remember loving the show while it was on.

Comment

Working...
                              X