Clear All

• Neil Armstrong... dead

Not a copycat thread.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

R.I.P.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Who was he again?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

he was an actor in Apollo 13, see the photo?

rip

i was watching a docu on space and they were talking about how these people who go up face shorter lives because of the cosmic rays they get hit with

82 aint bad, and it was cardio complications

the docu said cancer was the big risk for space travelers

Comment

sorry to hear about that, a real action hero to any boy growin up in the sixties, like me and a gentleman later in life

the whole school stopped to watch him step on the moon, we watched it on a fuzzy old black and white TV, then we were all astronauts in the playground, for days after, forever probably in my heart

He encouraged us to have big dreams and believe they could come true, even that one day we would fly in space, it is hard today for people to understand the audacity and excitement of what that moon mission did and how it changed the world, especially for little kids like me then. Suddenly, in the middle of the Cold war and with the horror of the Vietnam war on TV every night, the world was full of hope and new horizons. They were great days, I'll never forget them. Godspeed Neil.
          Last edited by Alexander's Horse; August 25, 2012, 16:46.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Pity...
            didn´t they say, just a few days ago, that he was recovering from a surgery?
            Seems like it was too much for his body

RIP
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Armstrong died Saturday following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures, a statement from his family said. It didn't say where he died.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Makes me sad. Both because it's him, and because we're very soon going to be back to a being a race without any living members who have been on any rock but Earth.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The article that I read noted how as he went down the ladder to the moon's surface, he stopped and took one step up, just to make sure he could.
                  I don't know if that was planned or he just thought of it, but I wouldn't have thought about it.

Comment

Sad news

Watched his landing on telly back then - pretty good fuel for young boys fantasy.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm not entirely sure, but this pretty much ****ed my mood for the day.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Here's the speech that was prepared for the President in the event that they couldn't launch from the moon:

On July 18 of 1969, as the world waited anxiously for Apollo 11 to land safely on the surface of the Moon, speechwriter William Safire imagined the worst case scenario as he expertly wrote the…
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Here's the speech that was prepared for the President in the event that they couldn't launch from the moon:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2010/11...-disaster.html
                          They would've had the most conspicuous grave in the world had that happened. Imagine looking up every night knowing their bodies are there.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

RIP, Neil
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                              They would've had the most conspicuous grave in the world had that happened. Imagine looking up every night knowing their bodies are there.
                              It would have also been interesting from a medical/biological standpoint.
                              They could have sent an expedition now, more than 40 years later,
                              to check out the condition of the corpses on the moon.
                              Probably they would have been mummified by now ... but who knows
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X