No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong... cheater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in, NBCSports cable channel viewers just spiked at 50 people on the announcement. However, due to cycling no longer being popular in the US, viewers have now dropped below 5 a night, experts believe permanently.

Comment

Pay more attention to how this is going out on the news. Armstrong will go down in history as an innocent man hounded into the ground by a heartless agency that would stop at nothing less than his scalp.

Wezil, after a decade, having 10 people appear only makes me wonder what the agency has on them.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The USADA actually needs the consent of several other organizations to strip his titles, and so far at least one has refused to do so.

How exactly are they claiming he beat the several hundred tests he took during his many events?
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They're also going after the money he earned from endorsement deals.

Comment

Beating tests isn't difficult, you just have to know what they're testing for. MLB players manage it all the time.

I do wonder about the time delay, though. Why weren't these people testifying in 2005 or whatever?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              Pay more attention to how this is going out on the news. Armstrong will go down in history as an innocent man hounded into the ground by a heartless agency that would stop at nothing less than his scalp.

Wezil, after a decade, having 10 people appear only makes me wonder what the agency has on them.

Let's be clear here - the implication is the World Anti-Doping Agency is some kind of illicit organization hell-bent on destroying the best Athletes in the world...or something?

Doping is doping. If you're innocent, you don't waive your right to a trial. Same deal here.

This way he still gets to keep the respect of the super patriotic Americans who can't come to terms with reality because it'll never be conclusive.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's largely what the Armstrong camp believes, yes. They have been going hard after Armstrong for a decade or so, and he's come out and said that he thinks they hate him for some reason... who knows of course, but agencies are lead by people, so anything's possible. I don't think we're ever going to know for sure - but this doesn't look good, certainly.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Who cares? He won the races, everyone knows it. It's like getting a post count reduction on Apolyton.
                  A lot of people care.

It's like getting a post count reduction on Apolyton if you've been guilty of artificially spamming forums no one reads to get it increased. Sure you made the posts, but you didn't really.

People who care about sport care about cheaters.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Let's be clear here - the implication is the World Anti-Doping Agency is some kind of illicit organization hell-bent on destroying the best Athletes in the world...or something?

Doping is doping. If you're innocent, you don't waive your right to a trial. Same deal here.
                    Many people are saying exactly that today, because of the way they have gone against their own rules in persecuting this man.

Again, what do they have?

No positive tests. They are saying that he was a "ringleader" that was passing it around, but if that's the case, why were they caught and he wasn't? Was he holding out on them, and keeping "the good stuff" only for himself? Where was this testimony from the dopers back when it was happening?

They have proof, they should show it! Instead, they try to bleed his finances dry in court case after court case, and ruin all the good he has done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      Many people are saying exactly that today
                      Did they see Elvis, too?

Comment

Why, are you missing him?

Comment

Armstrong's actions are those of a guilty - and exhausted - man.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Exhausted, I will agree with.

Comment

You are innocent, can go to trial to clear you name, but cannot be bothered - exhaustion... classic
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You are innocent, can go to trial to clear you name
                                ...until they take you to trial yet again, because double jeopardy is a joke to them.

He has won every trial up to now, but there is no end in sight. Can you understand that?

Comment

Working...
                                X