No announcement yet.

Anybody ever had that phone call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats NYE, must have been quite the shock I image.

My family shock was when my dad was discovered to have made a girl my age, now my step-mom, pregnant. They're expecting ANOTHER one now. He's obviously quite the stallion. We were four siblings before this.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Trust but verify.

Get a DNA test.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

She's had one. Her father and his family were not as open to this experience as my brother and I have been.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So it's official?

Sorry TLDR
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, yeah it's official.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Not exactly the same, but close. We have always known that daddy had a child somewhere in sweden but had lost contact. Due to swedish bureacracy, my father couldn't find her until some 7 years ago. Due to modern tech and a little relaxation of swedish regulation, we got connected and had a reunion some 1 1/2 year before my dad died.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Wow.

Btw this seems more common than I thought, given everyone has a story to tell.

Nothing in my family, I think. Croatia was pretty traditional back in the days of my folks, shotgun wedding or emigration, you choose young stallion.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                  Wow.

Nothing in my family, I think. Croatia was pretty traditional back in the days of my folks, shotgun wedding or emigration, you choose young stallion.
                  That's not what my dad told me.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    Not exactly the same, but close. We have always known that daddy had a child somewhere in sweden but had lost contact. Due to swedish bureacracy, my father couldn't find her until some 7 years ago. Due to modern tech and a little relaxation of swedish regulation, we got connected and had a reunion some 1 1/2 year before my dad died.

That is cool. Do you still speak with her?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

At my maternal grandmother's fathers funeral, my grandmother and her mother met my great-grandpappies other 2 wives and their kids. Great-granddad worked for the railroad and was out of town a lot, and obviously prefered staying with family rather than renting a room.

An adopted cousin of mine, when a teenager, was coaching a boys soccer team. Several kids and another coach commented on how much one of the kids on the team looked like my cousin. When Mark met the parents, she asked him his birthday, and they discovered their lost family connection. Mark's biological parents were in their mid teens and gave Mark up for adoption; then, years later they married and had two sons. He stayed in touch with them, but still stayed a part of our family too.

Oh, and NYE, I'll let your 'daughter' know she has a new auntie!
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Your's are the best stories yet, Sparky.

Yes, Joe should be made aware of the situation.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Wow.

I don't have a story, but I do find it surprising how many people have them.

Comment

shotgun wedding
                            Always makes me think of this:

Comment

Yes if someone asked me those questions I would say they are trying to scam me out of money. I'd refuse to talk to them. But I did find out fairly recently I did have a half brother, and I met him this year. But it was my mother who contacted him through the adoption agency. He didn't seem too interested in us, and while we are related by blood, we really aren't family. I doubt I'll ever see him again.

Comment

Working...
                              X