Olympic medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic medals

Does it really matter which country has the most number of Olympic medals?

BTW
    US beats Japan for third straight Olympic gold in women's soccer.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Thanks for reminding us how much most political cartoons suck.

Comment

Have the US got a #1,#2 & #3 in any event like the Jamaicans did in the 200m? Cartoon seems to suggest the US would be even better at the Olympics if he ran it.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Have the US got a #1,#2 & #3 in any event like the Jamaicans did in the 200m? Cartoon seems to suggest the US would be even better at the Olympics if he ran it.
          Moreover aren't only two athletes from a given country allowed to qualify for the same event?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            Moreover aren't only two athletes from a given country allowed to qualify for the same event?
            Given that Jamaica got all three medals in the mens 100 metres, what do you think?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I remember the times when the Olympics were for amateur sportsmen. I don't actually, but they were.
              Just imagine how much better it would be if anyone participating in a world, continental or national cup or championship would be disqualified from the Olympics.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

That would suck balls. There should be no dumb rules about amateurs, it should just be a spectacle of the best athletes in the world.

Comment

The first few modern Olympics were for Gentlemen, not athletes. Canada caused quite a ruckus at the first modern Olympics by allowing one of its embassy staff members to participate.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

A staff member? You colonists are so gauche..

Comment

Does anybody know why in Boxing they don't allow the pros? it would be great if we had all the box stars in the olympics
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                        I remember the times when the Olympics were for amateur sportsmen. I don't actually, but they were.
                        Just imagine how much better it would be if anyone participating in a world, continental or national cup or championship would be disqualified from the Olympics.

Communism ****ed that up.

State sponsored athletes were "amateur".
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Also they beat our basketball team (fairly for once!) forcing us to Jordan their ass.

Comment

We had the same problem in hockey.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                              Does anybody know why in Boxing they don't allow the pros? it would be great if we had all the box stars in the olympics
                              Because, pros don't wear headgear, and if you ran a tournament for pro boxers, it would take far too long to complete.

They had the Super Six World Boxing Classic for the super middleweight championships, it went from 2009 to 2011.

Without headgear boxers usually get too damaged to fight 2 days later, even if they win.

ACK!
                              Last edited by Tuberski; August 11, 2012, 12:26.
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X