Cities XL 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities XL 2012

I was playing a bit of it. I know some people here like Guynemer are really into city-building games.

There's no 'mayor' gameplay where you pass ordinances, as far as I can tell, but the city-building is pretty robust.

I like how there's a free-form zoning option since it makes cities look cooler than the normal blocks of even size style. There's also curved roads.

Here's the start of my city. Looks like a suburban office park:

If it weren't for that free-form tool, I would have obsessively made all my blocks straight and even squares like I did with SimCity and wound up with something so unaesthetic. That curved main avenue also looks sexy.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I hope you enjoy it; I gave it a try, and it just couldn't keep my interest. Not sure why.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      I hope you enjoy it; I gave it a try, and it just couldn't keep my interest. Not sure why.
      Like I said, there's no 'mayor' mode or anything. You don't rule or have objectives. It's more sandbox-style.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Some of those street corners you have there make me suspect you might never have driven a motor vehicle ...

Comment

Argh so much traffic. I'm going to have to bulldoze half the city to build new roads. I see now why the even blocks is preferable for making roads one-way to combat congestion.

Comment

We call that 'charm' in Europe!

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Argh so much traffic. I'm going to have to bulldoze half the city to build new roads. I see now why the even blocks is preferable for making roads one-way to combat congestion.
              Mass transit and pedestrianisation FTW.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

**** mass transit. Suburbs are the way to go. If it ain't a road hierarchy system, cul-de-sacs and all, it ain't ****.

The problem you're having is that you didn't have wide enough arterial roads in the first place, probably.

Comment

i like city building games, i'll give this one a go.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

If only we had a forum for games on this gaming site.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

if only people read it.
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

3 people and 16 spambots read it.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

That beats the Civ 5 forums.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

for anyone who has the game, how does it compare to sim city 4?

Comment

If we would have a subforum dedicated to the needs of necrophile redheads with diabetes, even that would have more traffic than the Civ 5 forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X