No announcement yet.

The Hobbit, now a trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to think I wasted my thanks earlier today. Yes, my thoughts also.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You apparently didn't read the 12 volume History of Middle Earth.

JM
      (I read the Similarion over 3 times.)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Yeah. Saw this. If true, ridiculous.

Movie One: 634 dwarfs and Thorin Oakenshield show up at Bilbo's door one by one and introduce themselves in a manner that expresses each one's personality trait.

Movie Two: New female character Evangeline Lilly saves Bilbo from evil trolls who want to eat him.

Movie Three: Gollum delivers a two-hour, Oscar-worthy dialogue about his preciousssss and mistymountainsmirkwoodsmaugbattleoffivearmies.
        Pretty close to my vision.

Movie One: 634 dwarfs and Thorin Oakenshield show up at Bilbo's door one by one and introduce themselves in a manner that expresses each one's personality trait. Arwen saves Bilbo from trolls.

Movie Two: Aragorn grows up in Rivendell. He meets Arwen and they fall in love. Aragorn runs off into the wild leaving Arwen alone, heartbroken and crying. Elrond tells her to stop boning that no-good son of a *****. Arwen cries more.

Movie three: Gollum delivers a two-hour, Oscar-worthy dialogue about his preciousssss. Aragorn and Arwen meet in the woods and make peace. They look deep into each others eyes for an hour. To make the movie long enough, there is also thrown in a side story about wars, goblins and dragons and crap like that.
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

If I'm correct The Hobbit has many spectacular action, described quite briefly. A chapter is an adventure. Not like LOTR, where everything is spread out a lot more.
          Peter Jackson is not going to film only The Hobbit, but also the Appendices and extra material. And he's going to invent a bridge between The Hobbit and LOTR.

I'm not worried at all. I'm looking forward to 3 cool movies and I'm fine if they differ a bit or a lot from the books, as long as the movies are good.
          LOTR could have been 12 movies, they chopped a lot.

I'm also looking forward to the 48fps 3D, I hope it'll do a lot to watching films and 3D.
          All I'm hoping is that not something like the green goo that captured Minas Tirith in ROTK will re-appear. It was the very worst scene of LOTR and it almost ruined ROTK for me.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Prequel trilogies always turn out well.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X