The Hobbit, now a trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit, now a trilogy

Director Peter Jackson is turning his highly-anticipated The Hobbit movies into a trilogy.

The Lord of the Rings filmmaker wrapped an epic 266-day shoot in New Zealand in early July and the footage will be split into two blockbusters, titled The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit There And Back Again.

In a Twitter.com post on Monday, McKellen simply wrote, "Two HOBBIT films will become THREE".
    However, rumours recently surfaced online suggesting Jackson had been approached by Warner Bros.
    studio bosses to expand the franchise and now both Sir Ian McKellen, who plays wizard Gandalf in the film series, and Jackson have confirmed the news.

In a Twitter.com post on Monday, McKellen simply wrote, "Two HOBBIT films will become THREE".
    Greed. While I'm a fan, I'm not sure about this. Does it really take three movies to do one book? Has any book every required 3 movies?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

This will give them plenty of time to explore how the dwarves go about getting drunk and rattling plates. Something Tolkien was extremely deficient in explaining ... also we'll get to experience the barrel ride in real time first person perspective

Comment

Yeah. Saw this. If true, ridiculous.

Movie One: 634 dwarfs and Thorin Oakenshield show up at Bilbo's door one by one and introduce themselves in a manner that expresses each one's personality trait.

Movie Two: New female character Evangeline Lilly saves Bilbo from evil trolls who want to eat him.

Movie Three: Gollum delivers a two-hour, Oscar-worthy dialogue about his preciousssss and mistymountainsmirkwoodsmaugbattleoffivearmies.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This is ridiculous. From what I remember (it's been many years), The Hobbit is a book that takes an afternoon to read, at best.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          Has any book every required 3 movies?
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Bull****, Lori. That book didn't even require one movie.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If part II does as bad or worse than part I, I don't think we'll ever see a part III.

Personally I'll see none of these
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Bull****, Lori. That book didn't even require one movie.
                Audiences and critics would seem to agree with you. John Aglialoro and Fox News do not.

Comment

Is there really enough story to make Part II of the III even close to interesting?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    Is there really enough story to make Part II of the III even close to interesting?
                    In the original book? No. But they also didn't have an elf warrior from Lost.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

In the article I read, Jackson stated he was given access to a couple hundred pages of unpublished material and that if he didn't use it now, it may never be seen.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                        In the article I read, Jackson stated he was given access to a couple hundred pages of unpublished material and that if he didn't use it now, it may never be seen.
                        Unpublished material can be unpublished for a reason. Because it sucks.

Comment

I've seen the words "unpublished appendices" a lot. It's likely just the published appendices, and the reporters are lazy and ignorant.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                            Unpublished material can be unpublished for a reason. Because it sucks.
                            How dare you suggest anything Tolkien could suck! Why, I would read his toilet paper!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              How dare you suggest anything Tolkien could suck! Why, I would read his toilet paper!
                              I heard that was published as part of the Similarion.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X