No announcement yet.

Recommend me stuff to do in the DC/Baltimore area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ft. McHenry and Manassas battlefield might be interesting, I've not been to either however. $7 for 7 days and $3 for 3 days respectively.

Oh, and there may be a polymeet or something.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Buy a couple bottles of Jim Beam, drink them then, wander on down to 1600 Pennsylvannia Ave, and sing at the top of your lungs all the big hits of "Prussian Blue"(Victory Day, What's Wrong With America, Keepers of the Light).
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Harpers Ferry.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

That's a little out of the way, isn't it? All the way in West Virginia.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            That's a little out of the way, isn't it? All the way in West Virginia.
            It isn't that far out, maybe an hour and a half, tops, from DC.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Tons of stuff...

WV isn't far away.

Do the monuments at night during the Summer.

Marine Band and Air Force Band play on the Mall frequently -- free shows.

Also, the Marine Barracks has a rifle show that is outstanding. When I was there, they did a British Square.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington is good.

If you bike, there are a few nice trails in the area.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

National Firearms Museum in Fairfax.

The naval museum at the Navy Yard, plus the ship there.

Fort Washington.

Lots and lots of hiking.

Comment

Working...
                X