Recommend me stuff to do in the DC/Baltimore area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me stuff to do in the DC/Baltimore area

I'm temporarily in the Washington D.C. Baltimore area. I know some of you guys live close. I will have a little time on the weekends to explore, so what do you locals do to pass the time?

Sit in traffic.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

If you're willing to cross the Potomac, hit up the Air & Space Museum Udvar-Hazy center. Super cool stuff--they have a Concorde, an SR-71, the Space Shuttle Discovery, the Enola Gay, SpaceLab, just about every cool plane ever made.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Actually, that sounds pretty cool. I didn't know there were any Concordes on exhibit over here.

We need the Concorde back in the air. Surely we have enough rich folks now to keep it in service. Richard Branson should add a couple to his fleet.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That sounds cool. How hard would it be to park there? I'm not sure if I'm close to a metro or not.

Comment

It costs like 5 bucks to park I think. Very easy to find spaces--the lot is huge. It's out near Dulles Airport. No metros nearby, so you have to drive unless you want to take a bus.

Comment

Thanks! Anything else you recommend?

Comment

There's the standard memorial run around DC--Lincoln Memorial, WWII memorial, Vietnam memorial, Jefferson memorial etc. That can be fun if the heat isn't too bad. My favorite is the WWII memorial. There's all the smithsonian museums downtown as well. The Natural History Museum is my favorite. The worst one is the American Indian museum. It's boring as hell--avoid at all costs. National Archives is worth a visit too--right next to the mall, so you can stop by it while you're running around seeing all the memorials. It has the original Constitution and Declaration of Independence on display.

Teddy Roosevelt Island is also good too. If I recall it's right off the GW Parkway west of Reagan Airport, but I don't remember for sure. It's been a while since I've been there but as I recall it has a lot of shade so if you want to be outside but the heat is terrible it's probably a good choice.

By the way, regarding the air & space museum: it might be as much as 10 bucks to park--I don't remember--but the museum itself is free, so it's definitely worth the cost.

Also there's the National Zoo in Northwest I think but I've never actually been there.
                Last edited by Hauldren Collider; July 20, 2012, 20:13.

Comment

Parking at the Udvar Hazy Center is $15 but free after 4pm according to the website. Still worth the cost.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Don't go to Baltimore! Oh my god! If you do, don't stop or even slow down for red lights.

Comment

Oh please. Baltimore's not THAT bad. They have a nice aquarium, worth a visit.

Comment

Maryland is the most ghetto state, between Baltimore and Prince George's county.

Comment

We have a ghetto belt that runs across the middle, but that's just there to keep the rest of us on our toes.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Kill the president.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Is there a reason nobody's mentioned the Polymeet? Does Korn have BO or something?
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X