Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitt caught in a direct lie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Who cares? Seriously. Do you have a wife? Girlfriend? Job? Hobby?

    IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE LIED ABOUT THIS OR NOT. It is such a practically inconsequential issue that you have to keep reminding us that lying to the SEC --- like impersonating a police officer, which allegedly maybe Mitt Romney might have possibly perhaps done once 50 years ago --- is technically a VERY SERIOUS and VERY IMPORTANT FELONY.

    Comment


    • #92
      Sorry I keep forgetting that when you're a multi-millionaire with powerful friends a felony is just a silly thing you can laugh off.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        No, he lied on SEC forms which is a felony.
        Please don't make me post that ALL OVER AGAIN.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          I hear they are making a new medical marijuana that doesn't give a high.
          It's not new. They've had that for years.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Guynemer View Post



            Look, I'm pro-legalization, but can we please drop the pretense that there are actual medical benefits that can't be provided by actual goddamned medicine?
            See, this ticks me off to no end. If they ever legalize marijuana they'll dump it in our (healthcare professionals) laps. It's bad enough that Percocet and Lortab addicts waste copious amounts of my time trying to convince me that they have some invisible condition like Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue that necessitats large amounts every working day, eventually they're going to make us do all the dirty work with the potheads.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

            Comment


            • #96
              Well, if the CA model is applied, they might not bother you...there'll be a whole class of negligent pot-prescribing medical professionals who spring up overnight.

              http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-fast...in-california/

              (yes, it's just cracked, but it's no more unreliable than Wiki and I don't care anyway so there)
              1011 1100
              The Cynical Christian

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                Sorry I keep forgetting that when you're a multi-millionaire with powerful friends a felony is just a silly thing you can laugh off.
                I'm not laughing off the idea of a felony. Felonies are VERY VERY SERIOUS BAD BAD. I am laughing at how desperate you and other liberals are to use the words "Mitt Romney" and "felon" in the same sentence. That tool Lawrence O'Donnell and his panel of tools did it repeatedly over some alleged police officer impersonation from 45 years ago (??) that no one substantiated. Now they are doing it because of minimal evidence about some obscure SEC filings from a decade ago.

                I am sure if there was meat on these bones, Obama's DOJ would prosecute Romney to the full extent of the law. He's not black and he hasn't intimidated voters, so I'm not sure why you think they'd give him a pass on such a VERY SERIOUS BAD BAD FELONY.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post

                  I am sure if there was meat on these bones, Obama's DOJ would prosecute Romney to the full extent of the law. He's not black and he hasn't intimidated voters, so I'm not sure why you think they'd give him a pass on such a VERY SERIOUS BAD BAD FELONY.
                  You answered your own question.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    DON'T THINK I DID

                    Comment


                    • Anyway, Obama is clearly the bigger liar:

                      Google: obama liar
                      49,100,000

                      Google: romney liar
                      6,730,000
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        I'm not laughing off the idea of a felony. Felonies are VERY VERY SERIOUS BAD BAD. I am laughing at how desperate you and other liberals are to use the words "Mitt Romney" and "felon" in the same sentence. That tool Lawrence O'Donnell and his panel of tools did it repeatedly over some alleged police officer impersonation from 45 years ago (??) that no one substantiated. Now they are doing it because of minimal evidence about some obscure SEC filings from a decade ago.
                        I'm laughing about how you can so easy accept that a guy who was CEO, Chairman, President and sole stockholder of a firm between 1999 and 2002 was somehow not responsible in any way, shape or form for the activities of that firm during that time. Despite attending various board meetings of firms owned by Bain, his name and signature appearing on numerous pieces of paperwork and so on.

                        It's almost like you would have to be quite incredibly naive to accept this based purely on Romney's word, especially when his word seems to change depending on who he happens to be talking to at the time.

                        Comment


                        • All the executives at Bain that CNN interviewed said Romney was out after February 1999 and had nothing to do with the company. One had previously ran for office as a Democrat.

                          But first, is there anything other than the SEC filings to suggest a hands-on Romney role at Bain post-February 1999?

                          No is the word from four sources who communicated with CNN on Thursday -- all of whom have firsthand knowledge of Bain's operations at the time in question. Three of the four are Democrats, and two of the four are active Obama supporters in Campaign 2012.

                          All four told me Romney is telling the truth.

                          Only one, Bain Managing Director Steve Pagliuca, would talk on the record. The others spoke only on condition of anonymity, citing either Bain's low-key culture or the desire not to anger friends in the Obama campaign.

                          Pagliuca, a Democrat who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2010, told CNN: "Mitt Romney left Bain Capital in February 1999 to run the Olympics and has had absolutely no involvement with the management or investment activities of the firm or with any of its portfolio companies since the day of his departure."
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            All the executives at Bain that CNN interviewed said Romney was out after February 1999 and had nothing to do with the company. One had previously ran for office as a Democrat.
                            The people from his company said he wasn't involved? Must be true then!

                            Incidentally hasn't Pagliuca already been shown to be wrong?

                            Originally posted by Pagliuca
                            "Mitt Romney left Bain Capital in February 1999 to run the Olympics and has had absolutely no involvement with the management or investment activities of the firm or with any of its portfolio companies since the day of his departure."
                            Yet we have Mitt sitting on board meetings for Staples and Marriott International during that time.

                            Comment


                            • How many times do you have to be told by people with no ax to grind that there is no evidence to support either your or Obama's allegations?
                              I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
                              For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                                How many times do you have to be told by people with no ax to grind that there is no evidence to support either your or Obama's allegations?
                                Except there is evidence for goodness sake in the form of the SEC filings and Mitt Romney's own words over various times. So far the only defense appears to be that him having full control over Bain, sitting on board meetings, being named on filings and so forth is somehow irrelevant because Bain and Romney say so.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X