No announcement yet.

Mitt caught in a direct lie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww bless, so he wants to make the rich richer and the poor poorer? Who could have possibly imagined that?

Originally posted by HP
    WASHINGTON, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Republican U.S. presidential challenger Mitt Romney's proposal to slash individual income taxes by 20 percent across-the-board would primarily boost the income of the wealthiest taxpayers, according to a nonpartisan analysis released on Wednesday.

The report by the centrist Tax Policy Center found that Romney's tax cuts would boost after-tax income by an average of 4.1 percent for those earning more than $1 million a year, while reducing by an average of 1.2 percent the after-tax income of individuals earning less than $200,000.

Tax policy and how to tame the U.S. government's budget deficit, topping $1 trillion in recent years, is a major point of contrast in the presidential race, in which Romney will face President Barack Obama on Nov. 6.

Romney, a multi-millionaire who made his fortune at private equity firm Bain Capital, has not spelled out how he would lower marginal tax rates. But he has said broadly he would cut some tax benefits for the wealthy.

Because the value of the 20 percent tax cut for richer Americans would exceed the gains they get from popular tax breaks that Romney would chop, they would see the greatest income gain from Romney's possible changes, the study said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      Hey doc,

Who has two thumbs and diagnosed a kid with SVC syndrome today?
      Congratulations! How old was the kid?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
        Congratulations! How old was the kid?

Histoplasmosis.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
        X