Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you side with? (US election quiz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want this thread to be a reminder later that I'm very non-partisan while most of you (especially Imran's 0% Romney) are partisan stools.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Hey, I was hating Romney before it was cool.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Who is Gary Johnson?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gary johnson.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	9093565
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Why don't you all vote for this Jill woman if you like her so much?
          I need a foot massage

Comment

Edit: **** it. Not worth arguing with Albie.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              Who the hell is Jill Stein?
              The Green Party candidate which means the other two parties have her locked out of the system even though the Greens tend to be centrist on just about everything. It's a shame really since most of us seem to have her really high up on our lists.

Comment

Greens tend to be centrist on just about everything?!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  The Green Party candidate which means the other two parties have her locked out of the system even though the Greens tend to be centrist on just about everything. It's a shame really since most of us seem to have her really high up on our lists.
                  I'm with Imran, here.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                      Who is Gary Johnson?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172289[/ATTACH]
                      Gary Earl Johnson (born January 1, 1953) is an American businessman, a former Governor of New Mexico, and the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2012 election.[1] Johnson served as the 29th Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003, as a member of the Republican Party, and is known for his low-tax libertarian views and his regular participation in triathlons.

Johnson founded one of New Mexico's largest construction companies.[2] He entered politics for the first time by running for Governor of New Mexico in 1994 on a fiscally conservative, low-tax, anti-crime platform.[3] He beat incumbent Democratic governor Bruce King by 50% to 40%. He cut the 10% annual growth in the budget: in part, due to his use of the gubernatorial veto 200 times during his first six months in office,[2] which gained him the nickname "Governor Veto".[4][5]

Johnson sought re-election in 1998, winning by 55% to 45%. In his second term, he concentrated on the issue of school voucher reforms,[6] as well as campaigning for marijuana decriminalization. During his tenure as governor, Johnson adhered to an anti-tax and anti-bureaucracy policy, setting state and national records for his use of veto powers:[2] more than the other 49 contemporary governors put together.[7][8] Term-limited, Johnson could not run for re-election at the end of his second term. As a fitness enthusiast,[9][10] Johnson has taken part in several Ironman Triathlons, and he climbed Mount Everest in May 2003.[11]

Johnson announced his candidacy for President on April 21, 2011, as a Republican.[12] On December 28, 2011, he withdrew his candidacy for the Republican nomination and announced that he would continue his presidential campaign as a candidate for the nomination of the Libertarian Party.[13] He won the Libertarian Party nomination on May 5, 2012. His vice-presidential nominee running mate is James P. Gray.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        I want this thread to be a reminder later that I'm very non-partisan while most of you (especially Imran's 0% Romney) are partisan stools.
                        Getting widely varying results like that could also indicate that you simply have crazy political views. I'm pretty sure that's why I came up mostly Libertarian, Green, and Democratic.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Greens tend to be centrist on just about everything?!

Read the damn policy positions: http://www.ontheissues.org/Jill_Stein.htm

-Abortion should remain legal and birth control should be part of all health insurance policies.
                          -Funding for stem cell research
                          -Don't block medications for political reasons (morning after pill)
                          -Basically endorsed the President's plan for keeping Bush's tax cuts for the middle class and letting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire
                          -The stimulus wasn't enough and we need more targeting infrastructure.
                          -A tax on bonuses for bankers at bailed out banks until the bailout is repaid.
                          -Reduce military spending.
                          -Increase funding for preventative medicine.
                          -Legalize gay marriage and equal rights.
                          -Eliminate the death penalty.
                          -Legalize MJ.
                          -Have science based education in public schools.

Yeah, most of that **** is pretty damn centrist.

Comment

Let's look more at her policy positions on the site you linked:

Stimulus plan was not big enough. (May 2012)
                            That's a centrist view, obviously.

Romney & Obama are both pro-1% big corporation. (Feb 2012)
                            Obama is too far to the right, that's a centrist view.

1776 Revolution threw off corporate rule; it's creeping back. (Dec 2011)
                            Well that's just crazy.

World War II-scale mobilization to reduce carbon burden. (Jan 2012)
                            WWII scale mobilization?!! Do you know how much % of GDP that is?

ObamaCare was step backward for goal of single payer. (Jan 2012)
                            Obviously single payer is a centrist issue.

Require living wage. (Nov 2001)
                            IIRC, living wage is somewhere around $15 an hour. Very centrist.

And on the bottom where they put candidates on the diamond graph, the conclusion is:

Jill Stein is a Hard-Core Liberal.

Also suggest you read the Green Party's platform. Greens are basically environmentally oriented social democrats.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Most of what you and Oerdinner have quoted are good common sense policies.

Which is basically why, as someone who is neither left or right wing find myself in agreement of most of the policies of hers that I have seen.

It is also heartening to see that most people on poly are basically fair minded and reasonable people, because that is what most of her policies seem to be.
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

See... MOBIUS thinks she's a good candidate - she can't be US centrist .

Comment

Working...
                                X