Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How industrious is the average posters (hours worked per week)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do about 14 hours per weekday - and whatever gap might be in those for breaks, is filled up on sundays when i go to our HO for three-four hours.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      I struggle to maintain my hourly wage above 100 dollars an hour.

I don't :-D I normally do somewhere between 30 and 40 but that can go up considerably at peak project times.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        In terms of paid employment, I flatly refuse to work more than my current 35 hours/week.
        This. This is how life should be...work to live not live to work. Employers need to give realisstic workloads to their staff and if there is more work, employ more peopleor increase efficiency. This slavedriving should not be tolerated, for the sake of the whole of society.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Equally though, if someone wants to work silly sauce hours, it's their choice.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            In terms of paid employment, I flatly refuse to work more than my current 35 hours/week.
            I hope your not expecting any days of holiday when you take such a lackadaisical approach to your work life
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
              I hope your not expecting any days of holiday when you take such a lackadaisical approach to your work life
              Well I'm self employed so I don't get those anyway, per se.
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post

I get 29 days paid leave plus public holidays. This is how things work when you have a good job.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  If you work less than thirty you either can't get a better job or you're a lazy ****er.
                  Or my job is paid so well that I don't need to work more hours and that I value my free time far more than simply working. You don't want to know about my holidays or how long it takes me to get to work...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

On average 60. When someone sells a project without checking first to see if we have capacity in my group it can shoot up to 80
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working over 40 hours is wasteful and inefficient.

Comment

40 per week. I'm non-exempt for the next four months, and the company would prefer not to pay me time and a half; more importantly, none of my project deadlines are critical, and I'm never the weak link

I also usually work a few additional hours doing computer repairs
                        Last edited by loinburger; July 10, 2012, 00:36.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                          On average 60. When someone sells a project without checking first to see if we have capacity in my group it can shoot up to 80
                          I think you must work for my company.

Comment

I'll be working an extra day next week. I've got to drive up to Mid Wales for a meeting because no one else is available. It's basically networking and a jolly and my driving time is included in my hours, so basically being paid for a full day to go for a nice drive through some stunning countryside each way for about 4 hours 'work' - there goes one of my days off next week - such an inconvenience...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I can beat that: Brussels -> Perth -> Brussels for a ****ing 3 hour workshop.

What a waste of time
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

They've never heard of video-conferencing or something?
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X