Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've spent the past week working at a swanky hotel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Pilots gotta be in shape too.
    The vast majority of Air Force personnel are not pilots.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If I recall, about half of Air Force officers are rated (flying). Very few Air Force enlisted personnel are in flying positions. But yes, they do have PT, and oddly enough their PT test is harder than the Army's. This is due to a relatively recent crackdown on fat airmen. But AFROTC only does PT twice a week. Army and Navy do it three times each week, while the Marine option for Navy does it five times each week.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        If I recall, about half of Air Force officers are rated (flying). Very few Air Force enlisted personnel are in flying positions. But yes, they do have PT, and oddly enough their PT test is harder than the Army's. This is due to a relatively recent crackdown on fat airmen. But AFROTC only does PT twice a week. Army and Navy do it three times each week, while the Marine option for Navy does it five times each week.
        And less than 25% of Air Force personnel are officers (highest officer-enlisted ratio, though). So again, close to 90% do not fly.

And I don't know where you get your gouge from but it's not really harder than the Army's. I just looked them up (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airfo...esschanges.htm, http://www.military.com/military-fit...c-training-pft).

Air Force needs 67 pushups to max and a minimum of 33 pushups to pass for 20-40 year olds vs. Army requires 27-31 year olds to do 77 pushups to max, with a minimum of 30 to pass (both a little less for younger)
        Air Force needs 58 situps to max with minimum of 40; Army 82 situps to max, mimimum of 50 (both a little less for younger)
        Air Force needs 9:12 1.5 mile to max, 13:36 1.5 mile minimum; Army 13:18 2 mile to max, 17:54 2 mile minimum (here, the Army needs better times for equivalent scores for younger soldiers)

So yeah. Army requires more situps, a longer run at a comparable pace, and more pushups to max but fewer to pass.

Air Force PT test is no harder.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
        X