2nd Level German Court: Circumcision illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    So you are saying that an agnostic believes in God? They either do or they don't. I don't care how you explain that's a simple fact.
    There is a third option: they don't know and don't care.

They do not actively pray, but they also do not teach there is no God. They just live their life.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      There is a third option: they don't know and don't care.

They do not actively pray, but they also do not teach there is no God. They just live their life.

If you don't know something then you don't believe it. You can't believe 2+2=4 if you don't know it. Sorry, but you just have very bad reasoning abilities.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Parents make choices for their kids every day, people. Move on.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Not really. FGM is a far more radical procedure that leaves women essentially incapable of experiencing sexual pleasure at all even when it's done right
          Are you circumcised Elok? If not, try getting around with your foreskin back for a week, and then see how much fun sex is compared to before.

Comment

If you don't know something then you don't believe it. You can't believe 2+2=4 if you don't know it. Sorry, but you just have very bad reasoning abilities.
            Agnosticism also covers the undecided. If you can't see the difference between 'I don't believe in god' and 'I am unsure whether god exists' then you're being deliberately obtuse, especially as a vast number of 'religious' people are also technically agnostic if they actually tell the truth about it. Being completely sure about something you cannot be completely sure about indicates fanatisism.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
              Are you circumcised Elok? If not, try getting around with your foreskin back for a week, and then see how much fun sex is compared to before.
              How is this at all verifiable absent circumcision post sexual maturity?
              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                Agnosticism also covers the undecided. If you can't see the difference between 'I don't believe in god' and 'I am unsure whether god exists' then you're being deliberately obtuse, especially as a vast number of 'religious' people are also technically agnostic if they actually tell the truth about it. Being completely sure about something you cannot be completely sure about indicates fanatisism.
                No see. The point is that agnostics send the same message to their children that atheists do, that there is no God. It seems being obtuse, is all you do. That's all I ever see anyway.

Comment

No see. The point is that agnostics send the same message to their children that atheists do, that there is no God. It seems being obtuse, is all you do. That's all I ever see anyway.
                  How is 'We don't know' the same message as 'God doesn't exist'? Why does this crap have to be black and white with you?

Incidentally, you used to be non-religious didn't you? Yet you still managed to end up the bible thumping fanatic we see today. Why not give all children the same opportunity to choose their way?

Comment

The penis foreskin is similar to the finger nail except that it doesn't grow back. I'm sure many wouldn't mind that their parents cut their fingernails permanently if that were possible. All this complaining about circumcision is nothing more than bigotry and lies.
                    Yes and how does your finger feel when the nail is removed. Very sensitive. After time like any other piece of skin. Those of you who are circumcised simply don't know what you're missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                      How is this at all verifiable absent circumcision post sexual maturity?
                      It's simple. An uncircumcised man can leave his foreskin back indefinitely. If one does this for a few days, the helmet starts to lose its heightened sensitivity. Thus a circumcised man can have an idea what it's like to be circumcised, but not vice versa.

Comment

• I just walked back into the room to hear Joanna Lumley on the tv saying "It's very touching. This is a very sensitive area".

How apt

Comment

How is 'We don't know' the same message as 'God doesn't exist'? Why does this crap have to be black and white with you?
                          Because I'm talking about effect.

Incidentally, you used to be non-religious didn't you? Yet you still managed to end up the bible thumping fanatic we see today. Why not give all children the same opportunity to choose their way?
                          Because children who are raised up believing in God do better. They are happier. I'm not saying they grow up believing in God. They still have that choice when they grow up, whether they are circumcised or not. I was an unhappy child. I had a tough life until I came to believe in Jesus. I'm glad that there are children who already have that advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                            Yes and how does your finger feel when the nail is removed. Very sensitive. After time like any other piece of skin. Those of you who are circumcised simply don't know what you're missing.
                            You don't know what it's like to not have foreskin either.

Comment

Because I'm talking about effect.
                              You're making huge assumptions based around your own pre-conceptions.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              Because children who are raised up believing in God do better. They are happier. I'm not saying they grow up believing in God. They still have that choice when they grow up, whether they are circumcised or not. I was an unhappy child. I had a tough life until I came to believe in Jesus. I'm glad that there are children who already have that advantage.
                              Bull****, believing in god does not automatically make a child do better or be happier, and the guilt implied by Christianity along with the concept of 'sin' attached to perfectly normal human urges can lead to extremely unhappy, guilt ridden children. I have no issues with adults who choose to be religious, but brainwashing children takes away that choice. It's not free will when you're brought up to believe there can be no alternative, and children lack the capacity to think through some of the more advanced concepts and end up just terrified by ideas like hell and damnation.

Comment

You're making huge assumptions based around your own pre-conceptions.
                                Ah no. It's a very simple truth. If parents do not tell their kids that God exists and loves them then children won't believe it. They may in fact believe later in life after someone tells them about God or gives them a Bible, but a child will not believe in God if their parents do not tell them too. I'm not making assumptions. You just don't know anything about children.

Bull****, believing in god does not automatically make a child do better or be happier, and the guilt implied by Christianity along with the concept of 'sin' attached to perfectly normal human urges can lead to extremely unhappy, guilt ridden children. I have no issues with adults who choose to be religious, but brainwashing children takes away that choice. It's not free will when you're brought up to believe there can be no alternative, and children lack the capacity to think through some of the more advanced concepts and end up just terrified by ideas like hell and damnation.
                                You have no idea what it is to believe in God, and believe that he loves you. People don't pour guilt and all of that on children. If they do, that's not what I'm saying they should do. I take it you've never been to a childrens sunday school, or any other instittution that teaches children about religion. You're really talking about what you have no idea about here.

Comment

Working...
                                X