Where do you get your news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your news?

Since there is no such thing as an unbiased news source, what news sources are the least evil of them? What are your favorite news sources, or ones you think come closer to being reliable compared to others?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

The Daily Show/Colbert Report and Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        This. I read some blogs too sometimes.

Comment

Mostly blogs & forums (Poly and a few others). Sometimes CNN.com or the Washington Post online portal.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Here, the WaPo, and the Economist. I also get a lot from Google News.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I get mine mostly from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. Then lacking the ability to think critically, I accept their premises immediately. I mean, they made so much sense at the time. Also, as part of my inability to critically think about topics, I'll just post the whole articles here with little to no commentary (it was enough to convince me, afterall). This also means that I won't be able to respond to criticism of it and will likely get really upset with or vocally ignore people who do criticize it. In fact, sometimes I won't post the article. I'll just post the topic of the article and ask others to discuss it. Then as they do, I'll make comments about irrelevant things they mention, like food that I like and shiny things, completely ignoring the topic that I started but can't contribute to. The nice thing is that if something neither confirms nor denies by obvious biases, I'll just agree with the last person to comment on it. He had a good point.
              Last edited by DaShi; June 27, 2012, 11:22.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post when I'm at home.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The economist bloomberg, cnbc, various blogs
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I only read news articles that have been copy-pasted on an internet forum
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      I only read news articles that have been copy-pasted on an internet forum
                      Now that's fair and balanced
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Yes, but only because I frequent both dailyanarchist.com and stormfront.org
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Mostly blogs & forums (Poly and a few others). Sometimes CNN.com or the Washington Post online portal.
                          okay

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            The economist bloomberg, cnbc, various blogs
                            Yeah, the Economist seems reliable enough.

Comment

Poly, Jalopnik, and Facebook, which leads to further internet research. And when at school I'll kill time between classes, if a class gets out early, in the Business Office Lounge and watch whatever is on there. Couldn't tell you the channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X