Please pray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad to hear that he's on the mend.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I'm glad to hear it sounds like he will be OK.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Glad to hear that he's getting better. Hope the parents are too.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I haven't talked to them, but his mother's FB post indicates she's okay. My nephew is asthmatic and his little sister has seizures; they're unfortunately used to scary medical situations in that family. But it lets them take this easier now, I guess.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It sounds like they are "battle hardened", though it must still be hard - hope their luck turns to the better soon.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Thanks again to all of you. It's some form of pneumonia, but he seems to be doing much better. He's out of Hopkins' ICU and into their normal Pediatric unit. Now they just need to figure out what happened.
              Luckily he got sick in Maryland, with access to the best hospital in the world.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear it. Good wishes.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How often do kids die in tonsillectomies? It's not something I previously thought of as a dangerous procedure, considering how routine it is.

Comment

Looks like everything worked out without my help. Good job.
                    Last edited by DaShi; June 23, 2012, 01:06.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      I haven't talked to them, but his mother's FB post indicates she's okay. My nephew is asthmatic and his little sister has seizures; they're unfortunately used to scary medical situations in that family. But it lets them take this easier now, I guess.
                      That's great that things are settling down to normal health!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes. Healthiness

Comment

So... any more news? My sister's youngest son was a 'blue' baby and spent quite a bit of time in and out of hospitals for the first few years. He's now married, has young daughter and coaches hockey.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Well, he had a bit of a fever and low oxygen levels or some such, but they're working on that. He was in very low spirits this morning--his parents are working on that. They're hoping to transfer him out of ICU today, last I heard. Really, we're in no-news-is-good-news territory until they figure out what went wrong and why.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              How often do kids die in tonsillectomies? It's not something I previously thought of as a dangerous procedure, considering how routine it is.
                              Extremely rarely.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                Extremely rarely.
                                True, but it's not a procedure to be done just for the heck of it. If the tonsils have abscesses that casue recurring infections, if they're so enlarged that they interfere with breathing or swallowing, sure, but how often have I had patients come in with tonsils the size of little ol' kidney beans and the parents go behind my back and have them removed? Imagine their surprise when they discover that tonsillectomy doesn't prevent streptococcal pharyngitis? I wonder who's going around promulgating that lie?
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X