Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there really no electric kettles in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
    Well then your country is strange and you should feel strange.
    It's you who are strange, with your disturbing lack of kettles. Do you wash a single plate and a fork in a dishwasher? If not, where do you put it to drain?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

In the dish rack.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        Do you mean a dishrack?

We have those.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

A lot of people don't have dishwashers. Let's not act like all Americans have them. More like half.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Who was acting like all Americans have dishwashers?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Who was acting like all Americans have dishwashers?
              It was the implication I was getting and I thought onodera might be getting a similar vibe.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

How the **** can someone make over 75k and not have a dishwasher? One in six don't have a basic kitchen appliance?
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Comment

Well, if it was a choice between a dishwasher or an AR, I guess you made the right decision.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                        It's you who are strange, with your disturbing lack of kettles. Do you wash a single plate and a fork in a dishwasher? If not, where do you put it to drain?
                        I load the dishwasher with dirty flatware/plates, as I get near to it being full I wash it.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          There are lots of people who don't have one though. From what I hear you could say they are even uncommon. They certainly aren't ubiquitous like they are in the UK.
                          That's true though I think it is more of a coffee vs tea thing at it's source. Only people who drink tea buy them and most Americans prefer coffee to tea so...
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I should've said "almost no kettles".

And no dish draining closets either?
                            WTF are dish draining closets?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It *is* their permanent storage. Well, for the dishes you use day to day.
                              So, if this dish draining closet thingey hangs above, over the sink, I imagine all the water from the wet/drying dishes drip back down, onto the counter and into the sink?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                In the dish rack.
                                what gribbler said

Comment

Working...
                                X