Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there really no electric kettles in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't taste any different to me. Is microwave-boiled water chemically different from water boiled in a kettle?

Comment

It's to do with dissolved oxygen content of the water in some way. You get water that tastes the same as water that has been reboiled or over boiled (which also tastes crap).

It's impossible to get a good cup of tea in America anyway so might be that you probably can't tell the difference.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

You should hear what the Chinese are saying about you.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Do you mean a dishrack?

We have those.
          A dishrack in a kitchen cupboard over the sink where you drain and store your dishes at the same time.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Part of the problems with microwaved water is that you cannot reliably control the temperature, which is where the electric kettle shines.

I use my Keurig as an electric kettle, and I've gotten good at knowing when to add a little cold water to my cup first, and how much. Green tea, for example, requires cooler water than black, and using full boiling water on either just ruins the leaf.

Comment

x-me'd

No, I haven't seen those.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                A dishrack in a kitchen cupboard over the sink where you drain and store your dishes at the same time.

...that's in the dishwasher.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

...no it's not.

Comment

..your dishes are not placed vertically so the water can run off and drain after the dishwasher is done?
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

...your dishes are stored in there?

Comment

There are electric kettles. I can remember my grandparents had one back in the 80's.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          ...your dishes are stored in there?
                          Yeah, for upwards of a few hours.

It sounds like onodera is not talking about it as permanent storage, but rather, they wash their dishes in sinks and then store them in there while they dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                            Yeah, for upwards of a few hours.

It sounds like onodera is not talking about it as permanent storage, but rather, they wash their dishes in sinks and then store them in there while they dry.
                            It *is* their permanent storage. Well, for the dishes you use day to day.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

HA!

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                                It *is* their permanent storage. Well, for the dishes you use day to day.

Well then your country is strange and you should feel strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X