Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally age seems to be catching up on me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally age seems to be catching up on me...

So I was doing some circuit training yesterday and my right leg literally felt like it was about to fall off at the knee!

I've had a chronic condition of what seems to be patella tendonitis for the last 6 or 7 years and suddenly over the last few weeks it's massively deteriorated, culminating with yesterday. Anyway today I've been booked in for an MRI - I have this feeling I'm gradually falling apart at the seams - I feel like an aged cripple - next stop: mobility scooter...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Moby in wheelchair + high cliff =

Besides that, I'm sorry to hear that - you are as far as I know a bit younger than me and I assume that it must suck pretty much not being able to do what you previos could so early

Maybe it isn't the right time to tell you that I'm still attending classes in riverdance
    Last edited by BlackCat; June 20, 2012, 18:32.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry to hear it, man. I've also had a few age related things pop up in the last few years which was an entirely new experience for me.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do you run/jog for exercise? Or do some other high impact activity?

If you are overweight, for how long have you been?
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

High impact activity? Do you count when he has a sheep pushed up to a cliff ledge?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I am 36 and my knees seem to be giving up too. I feel like my life is ending when I think of never being able to play basketball again.
            There were a lot of instances lately of people asking me what is wrong with me. I guess I look depressed or something. It sucks!

Any ideas when we can expect scientists to come up with spare parts for knees?
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

A friend of mine blew out one of his knees at 23.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                High impact activity? Do you count when he has a sheep pushed up to a cliff ledge?
                Youre a funny guy
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  A friend of mine blew out one of his knees at 23.
                  I took an arrow to the knee at age 28 . Ended my adventuring days.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    Moby in wheelchair + high cliff =

Besides that, I'm sorry to hear that - you are as far as I know a bit younger than me and I assume that it must suck pretty much not being able to do what you previos could so early

Maybe it isn't the right time to tell you that I'm still attending classes in riverdance
                    Moby in wheelchair + BC in his sights =

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                      Do you run/jog for exercise? Or do some other high impact activity?

If you are overweight, for how long have you been?
                      Apart from my stupid knee I am close to being as fit as I've ever been - the only thing holding me back is my knee. It's so frustrating! I thought it was getting better as I thought I knew what the problem was, but now I'm wondering if there's something else?

Comment

How about swimming for awhile until the knee heals? You could also use an elliptical machine.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Are you still getting old?

Comment

Oh wow, forgot all about this! Thanks!

Obviously I'm still getting old, but my knee is fixed!

So I had the MRI, then arthroscopic surgery, but it still wasn't good. Finally I went to a physio who knew what he was doing and diagnosed the entire underlying problem in less than five mins: a really tight Iliotibial band that was putting pressure on my knee...

It's a relief because it's sorted now, though annoying because X-Rays, MRI and the knee op were completely unnecessary - but at least it was all on the NHS, so free.
                            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                              I took an arrow to the knee at age 28 . Ended my adventuring days.
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X