No announcement yet.

Dear "Straight Pride" Jerk . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're living in a dream world. No one would ever fly planes into our buildings either, would they?
    I can't believe that you have military experience, Lonestar. You're more like some uneducated person that's never been overseas and thinks that surely the world loves Americans.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The world hates America because America interferes with the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        I think you're living in a dream world. No one would ever fly planes into our buildings either, would they?
        Yes Slow. Some guys flying airplanes into buildings is exactly the same as an invasion fleet embarking at a foreign port unnoticed, traveling across the Atlantic/Pacific unnoticed and unopposed, and landing in the US.

The US doesn't even have the amphibious lift for more than a division, and we have more amphibs than any other country on the planet, but WHELP somehow someone else is going to pull off this stunning sneak attack invasion.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Come on Slow, I want you to say that 20 guys taking over 4 planes is analgous to millions of invaders traveling across the ocean.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Maybe the world is gay and just needs to be held down an given a good haircut?
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

My real thesis is that you don't wait until it's happening to try and prevent it from happening.
              Sloww, name one successful invasion of the United States not led by Canadians. There are factors at play that don't involve setting the world on fire.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Millions? If they're facing people like you, dozens would suffice.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It's not just about us as Americans. The military doesn't just protect us. They protect and help people around the world. We should never lose sight of that role as a 'global force for good' because we get lost in trying to figure out how it benefits us in America. It's a big world out there filled with the beat down and oppressed and the US military is one of our tools to brighten the lives of those suffering masses with the beacon of liberty. Kill the bad guys and improve people's lives. It goes beyond defending the Constitution.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    They protect and help people around the world...
                    If people are corporations (which I disagree with), you are right.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

It's not just about us as Americans. The military doesn't just protect us. They protect and help people around the world. We should never lose sight of that role as a 'global force for good' because we get lost in trying to figure out how it benefits us in America. It's a big world out there filled with the beat down and oppressed and the US military is one of our tools to brighten the lives of those suffering masses with the beacon of liberty. Kill the bad guys and improve people's lives. It goes beyond defending the Constitution.

Exactly. It's not all about worrying that we'll be taken over, it's about people asking for help. Charity, of sorts. We can help, so we do, when asked.
                      The U.S. has never won a conflict and kept the land that was "won".

Comment

The U.S. has never won a conflict and kept the land that was "won".
                        Umm... that's not true, Sloww. We kept what he took from Mexico and Spain. Plus what we took from the American Indians.

The Spanish-American War, though, we were helping out the oppressed Cubans, so there's that.

But in the past century, no, you're right.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, it doesn't. If we want to engage in charity work there are far more cost effective ways of making people's lives better than invading and occupying a country. Getting rid of Saddam cost us something on the order of thirty thousand dollars for every person in Iraq and killed a lot of them in the process while alienating much of the world through a unilateral war of aggression. We could SAVE LIVES for far cheaper through more peaceful forms of aid to developing countries.

Comment

Millions? If they're facing people like you, dozens would suffice.
                            So, your argument is that it would take substantially less than the # of American Troops required to liberate Western Europe in WW2 in order to successfully invade the United States?

Also, **** off and die in a fire Sloww, I was an actual factual vet in a combat zone. How much action did you see driving a truck around that air force base?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              No, it doesn't. If we want to engage in charity work there are far more cost effective ways of making people's lives better than invading and occupying a country. Getting rid of Saddam cost us something on the order of thirty thousand dollars for every person in Iraq and killed a lot of them in the process while alienating much of the world through a unilateral war of aggression. We could SAVE LIVES for far cheaper through more peaceful forms of aid to developing countries.
                              Good luck doing it without the military. How can you make sure the aid gets where it's supposed to go?

Look at the Somali aid situation in the 90's. It took American boots on the ground for something good to come out of it and it all went back to hell as soon as the troops left.

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying "dissolve the military."

Comment

Working...
                                X