Rock of Ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    True enough, but how is that different from any other musical genre?
    Didn't say it was. Just addressing the thread topic as best I could without actually seeing a Tom Cruise movie.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm just not sure I could buy Tom Cruise as a hairband rocker. While his performance may be on I would still know it's him and don't think I would believe it. 80's hair bands were my thing at the time so he'd really have to do a good job.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post
        I'm just not sure I could buy Tom Cruise as a hairband rocker. While his performance may be on I would still know it's him and don't think I would believe it. 80's hair bands were my thing at the time so he'd really have to do a good job.
        Tia, I agree, its like when I see Tom Cruise I see Oprah couch bouncing and Risky Business, when I see /top Gun, its a movie not thinking fighter pilot, same with MI series, dont see Tom as any secret agent type, but he is an actor, and one review pinned the tail on the donkey..the movie is satirical look, not a documentary or rocumentary if you will. If Tom Cruise had say been portraying Jon Bon Jovi or Joe Perry of Aeromsith or John Kay of Steppenwolf, he wouldnt have pulled it off IMHO, but this was a lighthearted look. Of the clubs and venues I bounced at, was pretty much straight on...

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

PJ Harvey is also a '90s and '00s artist.
          He merely said what has come out that is good so far in the 10s. Harvey, as well as the rest of the artists named, had great albums come out of them in the '10s.

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          "Decent", sure. Not really that great though.
          That entire list would beg to differ. The '10s are doing quite fine in their 2.5 years so far, especially compared to the 90s.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Didn't say it was. Just addressing the thread topic as best I could without actually seeing a Tom Cruise movie.
            Tom Cruise is a national treasure.

Comment

Tom Cruise is a national treasure.
              Tupac , Im pretty sure that was Nicolas Cage...
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Tom cruise has a crooked jaw line. I enjoy pointing out flaws like this when Mrs Horse is watching his movies.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                X