No announcement yet.

Israeli Minister: Israel 'belongs to the white man'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at most countries in east Asia, most countries in Europe, even at least half of the countries in Africa. The old world really does often have a nationality = race thing for thousands of years. The new world is different but mainly because it's so young and historically has had a high immigration rate. We're talking reality here rather than wishful thinking.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Albert Speer only wants the Germans to do it, I guess.

Comment

Alby is just another in a long line of Nazi loving Arabs.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

AFAIK most Sephardic Jews are white. Most North Africans and Middle Easterners are white. Ethiopian Jews aren't, but I'm not sure that they're technically Sephardic.

Why jail the illegals for 3 years? Wouldn't it be more sensible to deport them?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Ethiopian Jews would be Mizrahi. These weren't Jews though, they're Christians apparently.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
              AFAIK most Sephardic Jews are white. Most North Africans and Middle Easterners are white. Ethiopian Jews aren't, but I'm not sure that they're technically Sephardic.

Why jail the illegals for 3 years? Wouldn't it be more sensible to deport them?
              They can't. It's against international law to deport Sudanese and Eritreans because of the situations in their countries. However, Israelis are getting to deport South Sudanese who no longer have those protections with the newly-formed South Sudan.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought that the war between Ehtiopia and Eritrea had ended a decade ago? Why should Eritreans have priviledges that other Africans don't?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

That guy is wrong - Australia for the white man was the slogan back in the day not/not Israel

We had the "White Australia" policy until 1967!!!!!!!!!
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                    That guy is wrong - Australia for the white man was the slogan back in the day not/not Israel

We had the "White Australia" policy until 1967!!!!!!!!!
                    This is rather off topic, but that is true. Australia did. But I think Australians can exaggerate the effect of this policy and its implications. Non whites may have been treated as not entitled to emigrate here on a permanent basis, but that is substantially different from saying that they had no rights. And when one reads the objections to foreigners put by some persons of the time, they are based not on eugenic grounds, but often also in terms of cultural differences--the fear that migrants would swamp out and destroy the base Ango culture. This is not to say that Australia was a paradise for non-whites, and that some were not cruelly treated. I simply make the point that Australian culture was more tolerant than it is now fashionable to say. The political ideas that founded our currently non-racist policy, were there in the making well before it. It's not hard to see once you start looking for it.

It quite amazed me to see it myself but there are examples in the legal and constitutional context as well, which may interest you--see e.g. Potter v Minahan (1908) 7 CLR 277 (available on austllii).

Now, that's a world of difference from killing non-whites wholesale or what have you. There are different forms of racism, some more severe than others.
                    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      AFAIK most Sephardic Jews are white. Most North Africans and Middle Easterners are white.
                      In terms of skin colour some are. But most don't think of themselves as such if they bother to think about it all. Certainly a member of Shas or a Sephardi Jew wouldn't think of himself as white if he were a supporter of Shas. In this case race is not a matter of skin colour but of perceived culturual-religious identity. It goes both ways: note how white supremacists are unwilling to accord the same "skin colour" to Middle Easterners for example.
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Was waiting for this thread to attract the e-IDF
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                        X