Arabic mandatory at Manhattan public school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Your comment about Arabic not being a real language comes off as quite bigoted. I'm actually quite surprised. Not surprised that HC agreed with it.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Your comment about Arabic not being a real language comes off as quite bigoted. I'm actually quite surprised. Not surprised that HC agreed with it.
      I think it was a joke but Lori is Jewish, right?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yes, my father is a Jew who doesn't believe in God, therefore I don't think Arabic is a real language.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

My bestfriend in elementary school was from Tunisia. He spoke English, French, and some jibber jabber that wasn't Java or C++.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I think it was a joke but Lori is Jewish, right?
            His use of confused me. I can usually tell when he's joking.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re:OP, Spanish would be more practical, albeit less exciting. Americans are more likely to come in contact with Spanish speakers at an early age--which will keep those lessons from withering away into oblivion after a few years in addition to improving their skills.

OTOH, there's a good chance a number of those kids in NYC speak Spanish already.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Which version of the Arabic will they learn? It's more fractured than Spanish. Actually, do kids learn metropolitan Spanish or Mexican Spanish in the US?
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Also, do they learn just-drank-one-bottle-of-vodka Russian or just-emptied-the-whole-damn-bar Russian?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Which version of the Arabic will they learn? It's more fractured than Spanish. Actually, do kids learn metropolitan Spanish or Mexican Spanish in the US?
                    Dudo que la mayoría de los americanos supieran la diferencia
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ou est la bibliotheque?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        "Soon, Arabic will be a global language"?

It has like 400 million speakers and is like the 4th or 5th most common language in the world. What does she mean by 'soon'?
                        Soon it might be relevant in the western hemisphere. Or does "global" mean "covering less than half of the globe"?

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                          Closer to Mexican Spanish.

Comment

It makes far more sense to learn Spanish or Latin, simpler languages that teach the foundation skills that are key to Arabic. This is just another attempt to stir up controversy by a bunch of tired old Jewbags in New York.

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                They should be teaching the kids a real language like Java or C++, not Arabic.
                                8.5/10
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X