Are American Politics Broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are American Politics Broken?

Brian Williams, perhaps one of the greatest of Americans, thinks so. In a thrilling speech to the graduating class of GWU, he laments terrible division that is making politics destructive and unworkable in this country. Hopefully, his moving words will reach beyond the ears of young persons heading out into the real world. Hopefully, his inspiration will reach their heart and motivate them to bring forth a greater, more honest American than what we've seen over the last decade. God bless you Brian Williams.

"Our politics are broken," he told the graduating class at George Washington University. "Remember, there'd be no constitution in this country without compromise. We wouldn't have been formed without compromise. Going without compromise makes you a highly principled person, but it can often lead us to a government that is not attuned to the needs of the people."

Oh and Bob Scheiffer said something similar somewhere.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

He probably had more of an audience for that speech than any night of Rock Center. Maybe when he gets his face out of Obama's crotch he can lecture us on political impartiality.

Comment

Zing!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Brian Williams is irrelevant, and so are you.

Comment

I love you Wiggy! There I've said it. I can only hope that you feel the same way.
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

But seriously, let Asher use the login more often. You're not really doing it right.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Who could forget the time Brian Williams dutifully brought his camera crew into Obama's limo to follow him around as he bought a burger at Five Guys, then did a full report on how the president was really a man of the people who eats fast food just like the rest of us. He is a patsy, a useful idiot, he has no integrity, he has no ratings, and if I were a flight attendant I would tell both of you that we are all out of pillows and then make a point of giving extra pillows to the people behind you.

Comment

I wept during that story.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hay guys the president even takes lunch orders for his staff!

Let's just ignore the fact that, during that same visit, the president made it very clear he had no idea what the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency was. Even though it's an agency he oversees in the Department of Defense.

Integrity

Comment

He didn't even do the John Kerry thing and go to a yacht club to get catering afterwards!
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Are American Politics Broken?

Yes.

Next question?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Brian Williams talks and acts like a broken robot on loan from the Chinese.

Comment

He also still can't get over Hurricane Katrina.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

HC, you are such a little puppy.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post

Hay guys the president even takes lunch orders for his staff!

Let's just ignore the fact that, during that same visit, the president made it very clear he had no idea what the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency was. Even though it's an agency he oversees in the Department of Defense.

Integrity
                              Man of the People.
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X