If it's wine, does it count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
    Neither of my kids are very ticklish. Weird. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    I think at least part of it is psychological "priming," if that's the right word. He has to be in a good mood, and I believe a lot of what makes him laugh is the "mmmmUH!" sound effect with every rib kiss. You know, in that squeaky voice infants respond to. It gets him in a chuckly mood.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      We're up to a year now, in a couple of months a lot of that stuff really will magically improve and you start to get more and more feedback.

Once they can start talking, and moving around it really is great.
      True

So far the best thing in life is to come home. My daughter runs to my lap and smiles and laughs and is genuinely happy to see me. That's something I can't put into words... it's amazing, it's the best feeling in the world.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well, to be honest, I drink maximum of 1 glass of wine in a day. It is on a rare occasion that I might go for 2, or half a bottle indeed.

Usually, I don't drink at all. And I never go excess, as in very drunk, anymore. I don't want to disturb my brain chemistry too much.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Elok, you're absolutely right. It's often not what you do, it's the way you do it. And that you just do it. Then, repeat, repeat, repeat
          In da butt.

Comment

Yes, repetition is key. Mine will relax in his car seat and stop crying, sometimes. But only if you sing one song:

What does the puppy say to me?
            Say to me?
            Say to me?
            What does the puppy say to me?
            Woof! Woof! Woof! Says he.
            Repeat with the kitty, the horsey, and so on until all animals are exhausted, you've hurriedly asked "what does the oyster/giraffe/aardvark..." and found you didn't know the answer, and eventually you find yourself singing "what does the modem say to me? Eee-ee-ee-ee khhh-khhh baboinga-boinga khhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh says he." Then you either start the whole thing over or go insane. Or both. No, he will NOT accept "Wheels on the bus," "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," or any other song. It MUST be the animal noise song.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It really does get easier. Honestly.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
              X