Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mitt Romney be America's first Latino president?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    No one thinks it's a race. But the "Anglo-Saxon" in "WASP" means he's not Hispanic. Duh.
    It's actually the "P" in "WASP" that is most likely to make you non-Latino, not the "AS". There are plenty of Germanic Latinos in South America.

Comment

Fujimori was latino hispanic, Néstor Kirchner (half swiss half croat) was too, Gisele Bundchen is latin american (I don't know if brazilians are considered latinos in the US), but Rommney isn't one.
      Latino isn't a race, but Rommney has nothing to consider him latin american, iberoamerican, hispanic
      I need a foot massage

Comment

anglosaxons in Latin America are few, I think most would be expats from the USA in Mexico. German descended people are much more common, mainly in Brasil, Argentina and Chile.

Are irish descended people considered anglo saxon?
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Mitt Romney is definitely not a WASP.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
            Are irish descended people considered anglo saxon?
            No
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
              Mitt Romney is definitely not a WASP.

Mormons are kind of Protestants.

Now even considering the fact that Latino is not a race and that Romney's primarily English ancestry does not disqualify him from being Latino, despite his English ancestry, he has a certain swarthiness to go along with his dark hair and eyes.

Romney looking like Ricardo Montalban:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

He looks like a normal brunet northwestern european to me
                I need a foot massage

Comment

So he looks like an Argie, then.

Comment

No, most argentines are spanish italian or mestizos, north west europe would be the british islands.
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

If you meant the British Isles, say so. "Northwest Europe" includes France, Benelux, and Germany.

Comment

What is Latino, then? If I move to Argebtina with my wife and then emigrate to the US, am I a Latino? Or are my children Latinos if they were born in Argentina?
                        Do I need to have Native American blood? Do I need to be Catholic? Do I need to speak Spanish? Do I need to have ancestors that lived in colonial Spain? If I am a Spanish American, am I a Latino?
                        I think Latino is a dangerous term invented by WASPs to protect the WASPiness of a "white person". They had enough problems with other people claiming to be white, like the Irish, Poles and Italians. With so many immigrants trom Latin America they had to invent a term to segregate them. You cannot call them a new race, you can't shunt them all into the "mixed race" category, because some of them are white, but you have to show their "otherness" at the highest level of demographic statistics. And that's how "Hispanic of any race" has been born. "Look, dangerous people are occupying American Southwest! They don't speak English and obey only the Pope! It's a national catastrophe!"
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

The Romneys moved just across the border into Northern Mexico because being polygomists the evil American government wouldn't allow them to live their lives of debauchery and sin. Not to mention the whole child sexual abuse and running off all the young boys so the 60 year old perverts could sexually molest all the under age girls. Yeah, Mormons are sick bastards.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            What is Latino, then? If I move to Argebtina with my wife and then emigrate to the US, am I a Latino? Or are my children Latinos if they were born in Argentina?
                            Do I need to have Native American blood? Do I need to be Catholic? Do I need to speak Spanish? Do I need to have ancestors that lived in colonial Spain? If I am a Spanish American, am I a Latino?
                            I think Latino is a dangerous term invented by WASPs to protect the WASPiness of a "white person". They had enough problems with other people claiming to be white, like the Irish, Poles and Italians. With so many immigrants trom Latin America they had to invent a term to segregate them. You cannot call them a new race, you can't shunt them all into the "mixed race" category, because some of them are white, but you have to show their "otherness" at the highest level of demographic statistics. And that's how "Hispanic of any race" has been born. "Look, dangerous people are occupying American Southwest! They don't speak English and obey only the Pope! It's a national catastrophe!"
                            Indeed. In a nut shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              If you meant the British Isles, say so. "Northwest Europe" includes France, Benelux, and Germany.
                              If by 'Northwest' you mean not really north or particularly west, then Germany is certainly in Northwest Europe...

Comment

Germany is more north central Europe. Or even just central Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X