Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a rape/incest exception be implemented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
    Do you think millionaires should be able to talk at all? And, again, any reading that the decision only affected millionaire's rights is laughably stupid.
    Yes. They just shouldn't be able to corrupt political candidates by contributing massive moneys to their campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Our democracy wouldn't have suffered large scale damage from shadowy millionaires not being able to run attack ads against candidates they oppose during election campaigns.
      Umm, I'm pretty sure nothing about Citizens United (or BCRA) had anything to do with shadowy millionaires running attack ads. That was legal before Citizens United and still is today.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yes. They just shouldn't be able to corrupt political candidates by contributing massive moneys to their campaigns.
        We're not talking about contributions to campaigns, we're talking about ads. The decision did not affect the ban on corporate payments to campaigns.

Honestly, you are so confused on this point it is hard to know where to start. You want to prevent corporations and unions from running ads (that clearly identify who is paying for them), for seemingly no other reason other than that you hate rich people. I guess I do not blame you, because Obama has deliberately mislead people on this ruling's effects, too.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          Umm, I'm pretty sure nothing about Citizens United (or BCRA) had anything to do with shadowy millionaires running attack ads. That was legal before Citizens United and still is today.
          So even millionaires had free speech under BCRA? OMG.

Comment

So even millionaires had free speech under BCRA? OMG.
            Do you even know what you are arguing?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
              We're not talking about contributions to campaigns, we're talking about ads.

Honestly, you are so confused on this point it is hard to know where to start. You want to prevent corporations and unions from running ads (that clearly identify who is paying for them), for seemingly no other reason other than that you hate rich people.
              Running an ad against a candidate is a contribution to the candidate's opponent. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

Comment

Running an ad against a candidate is a contribution to the candidate's opponent. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.
                Think about it, chubby. Think real long and hard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  Do you even know what you are arguing?
                  Great, why don't you resort to personal attacks

Comment

Still thinking?

Comment

Great, why don't you resort to personal attacks
                      So I'm guessing the answer is 'no'.

Comment

Therefore, the government should be able to ban books.

Got it.

Comment

So is simply telling your friends that you don't like a candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                            So is simply telling your friends that you don't like a candidate.
                            That costs nothing and doesn't make it easy for people with a lot of money to manipulate the political process.

Comment

There're not at all equivalent. Talking to your friend is not a contribution of any kind.

Comment

So, basically, the more effective the speech is the more we can prohibit it. Got it.

xpost

Comment

Working...
                                X