No announcement yet.

Discovered a Ponzi scheme, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, I did a little domain whoissing. There's Romanians involved too. Smells of mob. Fairly new Ponzi too, started in Feb.

Comment

What is the EU or Spanish equivalent of the SEC?

Send them a written complaint with supporting documents under a pseudonym through a lawyer?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That sounds good to me. I mean, it's not like we can do anything about it.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
          And what should the police do about it? The police are the people who place bandages and clean up the blood after the fact. If you can´t provide material evidence (which would not happen until the scheme comes crashing down) they can´t help you. And material evidence implies being screwed by these people. Which I´m not willing to.

You haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Here is the AFM's website. Now do the right thing and report it.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

If you're in Spain, here's the CNMV's website.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I think Dauphin is going to be your best bet if you want to know where to go with this Zoe...thingy.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

FYI, this ponzi was taken down by the national police yesterday, and the Romanian mastermind and his wife are in prison. 4000 investors all lost their money, and 3 million euros are lost.

It's a shame the police only started investigating this seriously 3 weeks ago, when they received multiple complaints. Apparently, that's what it takes for them to come into action. Coincidentally, 3 weeks ago was when the money coming in no longer could support the 'high interest' that was being paid out to investors in this ponzi scheme. Unfortunately, at that point the Romanian shuffled all the money abroad.

I'm sure when he comes out of prison in a few years, and moves back to Romania, he'll live like a king, and the villagers will applaud him for what he has done.

Comment

That's the point where you get Russians involved, you hire some to talk to the Romanians when they get out of prison. You may not get your money back, but at least the Romanians won't be enjoying it.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Can you link a news article, or press statement?
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Comment

join in and get out before it collapses
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

If you can't report it to the police then at least write an op/ed for the local paper telling everyone it is a scam.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Talk about yesterday's news...
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

what i just can´t fathom is that FOUR THOUSAND PEOPLE were stupid enough to wire money to these bozos.

economy down the drain, no jobs, hey, someone offers 25% ROI per 40 days, that seems legit!

Comment

There are lots of stupid people.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X