Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Canadians (and especially Albertans)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget Steppenwolf.

Comment

I'm trying to forget Maroon 5
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Country music is generally quite awful.
        As someone originally from Nashville, I feel somewhat obligated to disagree with you...but I don't...

I confess there is actually some country music that I like
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Quite frankly, I like country music, and I have to agree with mrboo that Corb Lund is pretty good as they go.

Honestly, I expected Asher to take a stance along the lines of "ALBERTA PRIDE!" or somesuch.

Comment

Some things just can't be defended.

Country is like rap - A couple good tunes but for the most part it's a genre full of blech.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Classic Canadiana. ... and some of you thought we were polite.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

Alberta - Nickelback

Ontario - Tragically Hip

You make the call.
                Alberta - K.D. Lang

Ontario - Avril Lavigne
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

IS K.D. LANG ANYTHING LIKE k.d. lang?
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Quite frankly, I like country music, and I have to agree with mrboo that Corb Lund is pretty good as they go.
                    Nice to know I'm not the only one here that likes it.

Some things just can't be defended.

Country is like rap - A couple good tunes but for the most part it's a genre full of blech.
                    I think the problem is that country music (rap/hip hop too to be honest) is usually though of as just a single style when it can be just a varied as the whole of rock music.

Examples of things that are called "country music" (warning; some of it is, well, crap)

I'll stop threadjacking now
                    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Hey mrboo, do you also drive a 4x4 and live in a flat frozen wasteland?

(I ask because I do)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Alberta - K.D. Lang

Ontario - Avril Lavigne
                          ****! No one wins that match-up.

You should have thrown in Celine Dion - Quebec for the trifecta.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

mrboo is doing his Albie impersonation.

Call something indefensible and someone will try to defend it.

Comment

mrboo is doing his Albie impersonation.
                              Thats why I stopped posting
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

How about we get Albert to stop posting and you stay?
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X