Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Canadians (and especially Albertans)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Canadians (and especially Albertans)...

Some friends on my hall and I got a big kick out of this little gem here:

Well whaddya know, Canadian country music! With the most redneck lyrics I've ever heard, to boot. So is Alberta just like some bastard child of Montana with West Texas?

Wow, so many ways to approach this thread.

I'll let our resident Albertans comment first.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      Well whaddya know, Canadian country music! With the most redneck lyrics I've ever heard, to boot. So is Alberta just like some bastard child of Montana with West Texas?
      Yes.

I am a redneck if I say I like that song and Corb Lund's music? (Seriously, if you like country music go look for some more of his stuff)
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Great song!
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Not the same thing, but I don't care.

Comment

Being from Rochester you probably already know this Reg...

Ontario country music.

Much better.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Cool, but what does it have to do with trucks?

Comment

Absolutely nothing which is one of the reasons it is far superior.

Comment

The important point non-Canadians can take away from this?

Once again Ontario > Alberta.

Comment

Any Canadian that wears a Union cavalry hat and writes an entire album about how he wants to in the US Cavalry can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      Any Canadian that wears a Union cavalry hat and writes an entire album about how he wants to in the US Cavalry can't be all bad.
                      It is more about the history of cavalry units; not just the US Cavalry.

The whole album is pretty civ worthy to be honest...
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Country music is generally quite awful.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Country music is generally quite awful.
                          QFT

It does have its rare moments, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            Being from Rochester you probably already know this Reg...

Ontario country music.

Much better.
                            I'd heard this before but I never realized it was from Ontario...

Corb Lund's "Horse Soldier" forgot about the Dragoons of Angola and the Grey's Scouts.

Also, I have the chorus from that truck song stuck in my head now. Not sure if that's better or worse than having the A-Team theme stuck in my head, which is what was stuck there before.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              I'd heard this before but I never realized it was from Ontario...

Alberta - Nickelback

Ontario - Tragically Hip

You make the call.

Comment

Working...
                              X