Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    I wouldn't discount the ability of a sufficiently well-armed populace to overthrow the government. It happens every now and then. American citizens are the most heavily armed in the world, with 90 legal privately owned guns per 100 adults.
    An armed insurrection would only suceed if the military was nuetral or supportive. The "heavily armed" citizens are no match for a full scale military crackdown.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Syria has a 3rd rate army yet the militia opposing them hasn't been able to hold ****. When ever the army wants to take a location they simply do. The only thing slowing them down is how long they feel like shelling a suburb before moving in.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So, two things that seem to have come to my attention today -
        1) the US has the world's greatest medics. After a few minutes with medics, Mr. Zimmerman had his broken nose completely repaired & his hair washed (he claimed to have had a cut on his head & had his nose broken when Martin attacked him).
        2) I was curious why, in the initial days of this case, it was mentioned that Zimmerman was known to police, but that line of reporting seemed oddly vague. 'Known to police' usually means a criminal background, which is easy to check. It was mentioned that Zimmerman had violent encounters in the past, but no criminal record was mentioned. Now we find out Zimmerman's daddy is a retired judge. I wonder how many youthful transgressions of young Zimmerman were swept under the carpet? Murder is a bit trickier to cover up, but can be done.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• A broken nose does not necessarily mean that it swells or is dislocated.

My broken nose bled some then stopped and looked normal.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Trayvon's body had absolutely no marks or bruises on his knuckles which would be expected if he was punching Zimmerman as claimed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Syria has a 3rd rate army yet the militia opposing them hasn't been able to hold ****. When ever the army wants to take a location they simply do. The only thing slowing them down is how long they feel like shelling a suburb before moving in.
              Gun law, gun control statistics, number of guns in Syria, gun deaths, firearm facts and policy, armed violence, public health and development

Syria has 3.9 guns in private hands for every 100 people. America has 88.8.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• And yet their militia all have fully auto AK-47s so I'd say they're more capable.

Comment

• The Syrian military and police have 2.82 guns for every civilian firearm. American military and police have 0.0146 guns for every civilian firearm. The situations are incomparable.

Comment

• or claiming they support the 2nd amendment while claiming the government has no power to regulate firearms thus ignoring the whole "as part of a well regulated state militia" part of the 2nd.
                    So you believe the 2nd Amendment contains a federal power to take away the only right mentioned in the 2nd Amendment?

Comment

• It has exactly what it says it has; the ability to regulate the ownership of firearms.

Comment

• It doesn't say it has that though. It says Congress has the authority to regulate the militia, and that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Seriously, educate yourself. The Constitution isn't that long of a document, you can take the time to read it.

Comment

• I see you're ignoring the comma.

Comment

• WTF comma are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              It has exactly what it says it has; the ability to regulate the ownership of firearms.
                              Where does the 2nd Amendment mention a federal power to regulate anything?

Comment

• mi·li·tia
                                   [mi-lish-uh]

noun
                                a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies.

a body of citizen soldiers as distinguished from professional soldiers.

all able-bodied males considered by law eligible for military service.

a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government.
                                3 & 4 certainly raise some interesting questions on exactly what the 2nd amendment says.....
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X