No announcement yet.

Sean Penn backs Argentina over the Falklands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad hasn't used his traditional "Just Irish with boats" description of Scots on my Scottish inlaws yet.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
      From the Scots? Being invaders from Ireland, after all....
      I'd be happy to support Pictish independence, as well.

Comment

Independence whore!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Whoreth of July
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
            My Dad hasn't used his traditional "Just Irish with boats" description of Scots on my Scottish inlaws yet.
            Yeah, I bet that would go over like a boat anchor.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

..Argentina mocks Britain in Falklands Olympic ad
              AFP – 4 hours ago.........Related Content.
              ...A file picture from Argentina's presidency shows President Cristina Kirchner at a …
              ....The government of President Cristina Kirchner has mocked Britain in a TV ad filmed in the Falklands with an Argentine athlete who will compete in the London Olympics.

"To compete on English soil we train on Argentine soil," says the slogan at the end of the commercial, which aired late Wednesday.

The spot shows the captain of the Argentine national hockey team, Fernando Zyberberg, who is identified as an "Argentine Olympic athlete," training in the disputed islands with the Atlantic and penguins in the backdrop.

Produced by the Argentine presidency, the commercial is called "Olympic Games 2012. Homage to the fallen and ex-combatants of the Malvinas."

Argentina and Britain fought a bloody 74-day war over the islands in 1982, known as the Malvinas in Spanish, and tensions between the two countries have flared anew 30 years later.

Falklands legislator Ian Hansen said he was disappointed that Argentina was airing a commercial that "seeks to politicize the Olympic Games in the service of its territorial ambitions."

"The video was filmed without the knowledge of the authorities on the islands," he said.

Zyberberg told FM Metro radio he spent a week running all over the island. "I've never trained as hard as during that week. I was in the mountains, on the road, the beach, the city, from 5:00 am," he said.

The Falklands war, which began with an invasion of the islands by Argentine forces, ended in their defeat and the deaths of 649 Argentine soldiers and 255 British troops.
              Breaking news and analysis from Canada and around the world for politics, COVID-19, racial injustice, travel, weather, entertainment, lotto and more.

I wonder if Sean Penn helped film it.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Wow, really tasteful Argentina.

Comment

Mock all they want. Their puny military doesn't stand a chance against British defenses.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                  X