No announcement yet.

Suck it Mormon Church!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too would be interested in hearing more about craaaaaazy 9th circuit court rulings.

Comment

So Oerdin is as bigoted toward Mormons as they apparently are toward gays?

Comment

No.

Comment

I guess Minnesota, Colorado, and Missoura, don't like mormons either.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            I too would be interested in hearing more about craaaaaazy 9th circuit court rulings.
            just like when he claims this scotus is the most free speech favoring ever.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

They have guaranteed free speech for the previously oppressed dollar.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

And now only dollars have speech.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Some writers are saying the ruling is so narrow that the SCotUS might just refuse to review it.

Comment

Hope that's true. IANAL, so my opinion may not carry very much weight.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

BTW, I think the current combination of "Dinner" and "puppy" is awesome.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The Dinner Puppy?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          just like when he claims this scotus is the most free speech favoring ever.
                          I dunno about ever. But there is a huge string of significant first amendment cases that this court has heard and ruled in favor of free speech on. After shying away from free speech cases for a while, the court has really focused on them under Roberts.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This is the court that ruled "bong hits for jesus" across the street from a school isn't protected by free speech, right?

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              I dunno about ever. But there is a huge string of significant first amendment cases that this court has heard and ruled in favor of free speech on. After shying away from free speech cases for a while, the court has really focused on them under Roberts.
                              I posted an article about how really, the only free speech they care about is when it comes to corporate free speech and campaign finance reform. Some of the cases they ruled in favor of free speech were slam dunk cases, that only a court from the 1880s would have ruled against.

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                                I posted an article about how really, the only free speech they care about is when it comes to corporate free speech and campaign finance reform. Some of the cases they ruled in favor of free speech were slam dunk cases, that only a court from the 1880s would have ruled against.

http://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/the-ro...ouble-standard

Wow.

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                This is the court that ruled "bong hits for jesus" across the street from a school isn't protected by free speech, right?
                                If the message was written on a giant dollar bill it would have been protected.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X