The Get Me A Girlfriend in 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Really? I guess this means it's just a nonstop orgy over at Al's apartment, eh? Oh, wait, that's right...
    I can't pull it off. Pay attention. It's not the game, it's the player.

But like I said, I can't so I don't. Instead I just be me and that repulses women. I think being me is like treating girls like dudes. It explains all the 'acting like my brother' comments.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Good. I'm glad you know you have to crawl before you can walk so why not try it our way and see how it goes? I'd suggest emailing her no later than noon on Friday asking her out so she has a couple of days notice.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Good. I'm glad you know you have to crawl before you can walk so why not try it our way and see how it goes? I'd suggest emailing her no later than noon on Friday asking her out so she has a couple of days notice.
        Friday is tomorrow. She didn't respond to my message from yesterday. I'm going to let her say something first.

I think if I'm not tagging along with her at some Super Bowl party, I'll not do this Super Bowl date. One on one is not what I'm looking for with the Super Bowl option and I'm not going to take her to someone I know's get together.

So in this case, I'd rather just do a traditional date after the Super Bowl.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          2) Jokes and conversation are a bad idea. Definitely want to minimize me opening my mouth.
          Conversation is good, indispensable actually.

The most important conversational skill is "listening". Yup, shut mouth and open ears.

Spend at least twice as much time listening then talking. That will go a very long way to making Miss Chicky Babe regard you as a good conversationalist.

Comment

Has anyone suggested a nice Romanian or Filipina woman? Conversation becomes minimum when you don't have a common tongue.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

A friend of mine hooked me up with a girl he works with. She wasn't willing to do a blind date but asked to 'facebook stalk' me (her words). She sent me a friend request earlier in the week (so I guess I passed the initial vetting) and I sent her a message after a day or two:

-Hey. You're the girl that ***** told me about, right? He told me you like the Giants. Are you doing anything for the Super Bowl?
              -Heyy! Yes, I am. Sorry if the friend request was creepy haha. And I love the giants. I'm not sure what my plans are yet. What about you?
              -I don't know yet. One guy I know had a super bowl party planned but I don't think that's happening now that the Packers aren't in it lol. I'll see.

Now what? I thought if she were going to one (which she still may), it might be a good idea to go to it (there's obvious pros and cons of our first meeting being in such circumstance). I'll see how she responds and keep you posted.

Let's get this done.
              Wow.

Amazing how your second message completely kills the conversation dead, doesn't leave anything for her to respond to or any opportunity for the conversation to continue.

I'd think you'd have to try hard to be so bad at conversation. You see how she asked something at the end of her message to keep the conversation goiing? That's what normal people do.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

My favorite, that I never believed until I tried it after hearing it in a movie......compliment their shoes.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Compliments full stop. You don't even have to mean it. Girls are dumb that way.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Friday is tomorrow. She didn't respond to my message from yesterday. I'm going to let her say something first.
                    No. You need to respond again because you killed the convo dead, just like Mike said.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I can't pull it off. Pay attention. It's not the game, it's the player.

But like I said, I can't so I don't. Instead I just be me and that repulses women. I think being me is like treating girls like dudes. It explains all the 'acting like my brother' comments.
                      I think "acting like my brother" means that you are easy to get along with, and they like spending time with you, but you don't make a move or show any sexual interest. So I think you are doing everything right you just need to flirt more and then make a move. Now, I also suck at making the first move, I'm terrible at it. But I really think that is your main problem. It is understandable if you are a virgin and have very limited experience with physical intimacy (I have less of an excuse).
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

As for the current girl, don't leave things where they are and wait for her. Make plans and invite her. Do it ASAP.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Al, man, seriously...come on. At least you seem to get it handed to you on a platter and f**k it up...now stop f**king it up.
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah... get off your ass... get the conversation going again. Something tells me that if you wait for her, you will be waiting a very long time. SHOW SOME INTEREST.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              Wow.

Amazing how your second message completely kills the conversation dead, doesn't leave anything for her to respond to or any opportunity for the conversation to continue.

I'd think you'd have to try hard to be so bad at conversation. You see how she asked something at the end of her message to keep the conversation goiing? That's what normal people do.
                              How did you learn this? Are there classes? This is what I'm talking about.

Comment

Well I saw on her status that she's out of town for the weekend so it'll have to wait til later.

Comment

Working...
                                X