No announcement yet.

The Get Me A Girlfriend in 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

When you're clueless, even bad advice sounds good.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        When you're clueless, even bad advice sounds good.
        In Al's case it's the other way around.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Al, I get the impression that you go into creepy-mode when you're around a woman you like. The secret to getting and keeping a girlfriend is to not do this.

Take this potential superbowl party as an example. How would you act at the party if you were only around your male friends? How would you act if this female friend were also in attendance? I'm willing to bet that your answers are not the same, and this has to stop. (After you've been dating her for awhile then the answers should probably diverge, but to start out with you shouldn't be thinking of her as "sexy female friend who I want to awkwardly lose my virginity to," but instead as "friend who happens to be female.") You can make a few concessions to the presence of the new female friend, e.g. masking your farts and wearing deodorant, but ideally these should be kept to a minimum.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            Al, I get the impression that you go into creepy-mode when you're around a woman you like. The secret to getting and keeping a girlfriend is to not do this.

Take this potential superbowl party as an example. How would you act at the party if you were only around your male friends? How would you act if this female friend were also in attendance? I'm willing to bet that your answers are not the same, and this has to stop. (After you've been dating her for awhile then the answers should probably diverge, but to start out with you shouldn't be thinking of her as "sexy female friend who I want to awkwardly lose my virginity to," but instead as "friend who happens to be female.") You can make a few concessions to the presence of the new female friend, e.g. masking your farts and wearing deodorant, but ideally these should be kept to a minimum.
            So no trimming my eye brows and putting on a face scrub, toner, and cream?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              Al, I get the impression that you go into creepy-mode when you're around a woman you like. The secret to getting and keeping a girlfriend is to not do this. Take this potential superbowl party as an example. How would you act at the party if you were only around your male friends? How would you act if this female friend were also in attendance? I'm willing to bet that your answers are not the same, and this has to stop. (After you've been dating her for awhile then the answers should probably diverge, but to start out with you shouldn't be thinking of her as "sexy female friend who I want to awkwardly lose my virginity to," but instead as "friend who happens to be female.") You can make a few concessions to the presence of the new female friend, e.g. masking your farts and wearing deodorant, but ideally these should be kept to a minimum.
              I disagree. I think the problem is that the way he is around his male friends is bad.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                Why would anyone think he's creepy ? I'm sure someone who posts this in the music thread would have no shortage of honeys flocking to his crib for some hot love action:

Al B Celibate

I won't quote the lyrics because a: they're vile
                b: they're banal
                You, sir, clearly missed the point. If you listened to the whole song, you'd see it's a downtrodden male's interpretation of sheltered aloof women secretly desiring rape ('She been plotting on my black ****', 'You touch yourself after hours/Ain't no man allowed in your bedroom/You're sleeping alone in bed/But check your window, he's at your window'). There's the necessity of social restraint and friendzoning ('We can chill and I can act like I don't wanna ****/You can tell me all your problems like I really give one').

It's a portrait of a male psychological type.

It's distasteful, sure. It's shocking, sure. But so was Eminem who spoke to a lot of people in a similar manner.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  You, sir, clearly missed the point. If you listened to the whole song, you'd see it's a downtrodden male's interpretation of sheltered aloof women secretly desiring rape ('She been plotting on my black ****', 'You touch yourself after hours/Ain't no man allowed in your bedroom/You're sleeping alone in bed/But check your window, he's at your window'). There's the necessity of social restraint and friendzoning ('We can chill and I can act like I don't wanna ****/You can tell me all your problems like I really give one').

It's distasteful, sure. It's shocking, sure. But so was Eminem who spoke to a lot of people in a similar manner.
                  No, it's about a rapist justifying his rape by thinking she wanted to be raped.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    It sounds like she's fishing for an invitation to do something for the Superbowl. Don't disappoint her.
                    That's my take as well. She wanted Al to invite her out, was being kind of obvious about it, and he kicked the can down the road. He needs to figure something out either today or tomorrow so she has a bit of notice because you don't want to drop something on Saturday afternoon on her as she'll likely have made other plans by then.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wouldn't introduce Albie to a female acquaintance of mine, for fear of retaliation (in the kind of girls she would introduce me to).
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Do you happen to think rape jokes are hilarious?

Comment

How many dead babies does it take to change a lightbulb?

Four.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

My other advice would be to avoid rap lyrics and trying to sound like a hard gangster during the first date. Just act like a normal person and she'll likely think of you as a normal person. Make some jokes, keep the conversation rolling, remember to look her in the eye and smile once in a while.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              My other advice would be to avoid rap lyrics and trying to sound like a hard gangster during the first date. Just act like a normal person and she'll likely think of you as a normal person. Make some jokes, keep the conversation rolling, remember to look her in the eye and smile once in a while.
                              1) Chicks dig that I rap. They like an 'artiste' But I'm still rebuilding the way I approach writing so I'm not going to show off my old bad stuff.
                              2) Jokes and conversation are a bad idea. Definitely want to minimize me opening my mouth.
                              3) I'm a smiling buffoon. Need to smile less.

Comment

Jokes and conversation are a bad idea.
                                Exactly what are you hoping to achieve, then?
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X