No announcement yet.

The Get Me A Girlfriend in 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, he could get laid, for starters.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Well, he could get laid, for starters.
      I don't think he really cares about that.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        gay?
        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
          To come to this, of all places, and expect sensitive advice is a grave error. Like covering yourself in gravy and asking a pack of lions to lick you clean.
          Well put.

Comment

• She did in fact have a work function. Now what?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Now look through her trash to find out more about what kind of food she likes and what are her interests.

Comment

• Now what?

Step 1. Ignore any advice on Apolyton particularly if it is sound advice (already accomplished)
                Step 2. Go to local zoo (now)
                Step 3. Enter lion enclosure
                Step 4. Cover self in gravy
                Step 5. Ask lions to lick the gravy off

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Now look through her trash to find out more about what kind of food she likes and what are her interests.
                  What about hacking her email, burgling her house and hiring a private detective to learn more?

Comment

• The only way for sure to know what she likes is to stalk her 24/7. So she doesn't recognize you, wear a Dr. Zaius mask:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	pota_dr_zaius_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	9092801

Carry a small bag of your own feces to fling at police when they try to arrest you.

Good luck!
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      We should start a copycat thread, "The Get Al A Boyfriend in 2012 Thread"
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• It is very shallow to look for a girlfriend just to get laid.

On the other hand, it is natural to want sex.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• OMFG who made Jon Miller a OTF moderator, he's, no offense intended jon, too nice for this place HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHH
                          "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn View Post
                            OMFG who made Jon Miller a OTF moderator, he's, no offense intended jon, too nice for this place HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHH
                            Nice...?

Comment

• I popped by and there was nothing on the site even remotely interesting so I might as well weigh in on this Alby persona

1. The fact that anyone doesn't know that if you want to keep a text conversation going, the easiest thing to do is ask questions--- its astounding -- this Alby persona is getting dumber. Add that to the fact that women (men too really) will think you are an interesting conversationalist if THEY actually spend most of the time talking about themselves and the way is clear. EXAMPLE TEXT " I understand you study history/politics/xenobiology. It seems like a facsinating area... what led you to study it??"

2. If you ask a girl out, ask her out!!!! Pick a time and place. If they turn you down because of a prior commitment (it DOES happen-- people have lives) turn it around and have them suggest a time thats good for them.

3. "Checking' the truth of her excuse was IMHO a bush league move and doesn't really get you anywhere. Even if a girl lies as to why she cannot see you, it might not signal a lack of interest. Maybe the day you pick is the one day a month she visits her junkie brother in rehab and she doesn't want to lead with that. White lies like that happen all the time. You return a an expected call you miss with the excuse that you were in the shower while really you were in the middle of a dump or having sex or something. To hold someone you don't really know to a truthfulness standard when they first proffer a reason for not getting together is, IMHO, unrealistic.

But keep on chugging Alby persona

Based on the posts, this persona would probably benefit form doing a Costanza- "do the -opposite"

Failing that my advice is very simple. Since you look good enough to garner initial interest, all you really need to do is act sane, normal, non-offensive so

1. LISTEN to her and actually pay attention
                              2. When in doubt, ask a question about her
                              3. Turn every question about you around-- Answer it briefly and then ask something about her
                              4. Watch your opinions
                              5. SHUT UP

I learned long ago that if you look even halfway attractive, women will want to give you every chance. The Alby persona coud not pull off the cocky approach so the better move is "normal".

I am a chatty guy. I could love to talk about myself and expound on my many opinions. But I learned that being a little self-deprecating and turning the focus back on them-- " My job as a lawyer?? I like it a lot and love the challenge of solving problems every day ,but usually its just chugging away in my office . . But you as a waitress at Chili's-- you must run into all sorts of interesting situations with crazy customers . . What is the craziest thing you had to deal with?

Can you understand what this does Alby persona? I answer her question in a way that is positive (detracts from "lawyer as ego maniacal" stereotype) and downplays it and immediately moves to something about her job that I could genuinely find interesting but in passing mentioning it was something she has to deal with (implicitly acknowledging the difficulties and challenges in a waitressing job) If you acted like it was brain surgery you come across as condescending but every waitress will have a difficult customer story and heading things there you come across as sympathetic and understanding

I haven't tested my "getting numbers" skills in years so unlike KH I have no evidence that I still retain the requisite skills. But I think I would succeed well , mainly because I mastered the basic skill of actually being interested in the other person years ago and second, I wouldn't care that much if I succeeded or not (since I am going home with my wife). It isn't about acting cocky but its an attitude where you approach a woman as an equal . . . you aren't begging for the favor of her attentions. Instead you are a guy that truly believes he has very bit as much to offer as she does. Its amazing how well that works!!

Anyway thanks Alby persona for the distraction-- If I check in a couple of months fron now I will certainly look for the Alby thread where you continue to ask this same question
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Al, ****ing listen to what Flubber says.
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X