Things that piss me off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that piss me off.

It pisses me off when I hear people like Newt Gingrich say "Warshington". There is no ****ing "R" in the name of that city, you ****ing goon.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

People that have conversations while standing in doorways.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

My mother used to do the same damn thing and I found it so god damned peasant like. She'd say "I'm going to warsh the clothes"; her sisters did the same thing and so did their father (my grandfather who was an otherwise highly accomplished man). I love them all but I have to side with my Scottish grandmother (who truth be told lots of people found a *****) that a person needs to announciate correct English. I know that both of my father's parents worked hard to over come their, rather attrocious, Scottish accents in order to speak gramatically correct English. They considered it a sign of proper education to speak in the King's English (well, Queen's now but King's then).
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My dad would tell me to "Warsh that in the zink".
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

if newt played hockey he wouldn't be a goon
          he'd be a nancy-pants euro trash like ulf samuelsson
          and then tie domi would punch him in the face
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            This one irritates the hell out of me too...particularly if they are talking about "warshing" anything. How the hell did those "r"s get in there?
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I say warsh on purpose sometimes
              it's less obnoxious than my fake italian/russian/serbian/english/french accents
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

People who texting on escalator, step off at the platform & just stand there! You have to tell them to move, as the person behind you is pushing you, and your carrying you warshing!
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

cops on the phone while driving

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                    People who texting on escalator, step off at the platform & just stand there! !
                    Nicotine addicts who decide that it's okay to light up in the same place and let match smoke and cigarette smoke blow back in your face while their shuddering chemically deprived stale tobacco reeking bodies are blocking your exit.

I'm not fond of cigarettes either.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Smokers would prefer to light up elsewhere.

You whiners put us there.

Comment

My mate had to fly to South Africa through Dubai airport, and the Arabs had put your kind into hermetically (I hope) sealed transparent plastic rooms.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I'd prefer them to as well. The Marianas Trench, for instance.

Those of us who don't share the addiction or desire to smell like the bottom of an ashtray, you mean.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

onodera - I can deal with that. It has the added bonus of making me smell smokier so I can piss of the Molly's of the world when I leave the room.

Molly - Life sucks. Buy a helmet.

Comment

Molly - Life sucks. Buy a helmet.
                              I'd rather wind up nicotine addicts. They get so tetchy and irritable when they haven't had a coffin nail for a couple of hours...

Comment

Working...
                              X